~No. 9 UNH entertains Michigan; No. 6 Maine travels to MSU; PC plays at UMD~
Cam Atkinson and the BC Eagles will play a pair of games at Denver this weekend
No. 6 Maine at Michigan State - Two-Game Series (Thurs., Fri- CBSCSN)
- Maine and Michigan State have played 16 times with the Spartans holding a 10-5-1 lead in the all-time series.
The two teams split a pair of games last October in Orono (3-5, 5-3).
- Junior forward Gustav Nyquist currently has 95 career points in 79 career games. He has four points (2g,2a)
in two career games vs. MSU.
No. 1 Boston College at No. 8 Denver - Two-Game Series (Fri.- FSNRM, Sat.)
- Boston College is 9-13-0 in the 22-game all-time series vs. Denver, including a 6-6-0 record in Denver, Colo.
The teams met once last winter, Jan. 2 at Magness Arena with Denver earning a 4-3 victory.
- Pure Hockey Defensive Player of the Week John Muse registered his ninth career shutout with a 35-save effort
in the team's 2-0 season-opening victory at Northeastern on Saturday, Oct. 9.
UMass-Lowell at Niagara - (Fri.) at RIT (Sat.)
- UML went 6-3-0 in non-conference play in 2009-2010.
- Scott Campbell and Michael Budd scored goals in the loss at Maine last Friday night. Campbell has notched
84 points (38g) in 115 career games for the River Hawks.
Rensselaer at Northeastern - (Fri.) at Matthews Arena
- Friday's game mark the 43rd all-time meeting between the schools. In the last meeting, NU topped the Engineers,
5-1, in the consolation round of the RPI Tournament on Nov. 29, 2008.
- NU owns a 17-7-1 mark hosting their first non-conference season opener in the last 25 years.
Providence at No. 7 Minnesota-Duluth - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat.)
- The Friars defeated Northeastern, 3-2, last Friday marking the second consecutive season in which the won
the season opener. PC also recorded its first Hockey East league-opening triumph since October 21, 2005 when
they defeated UMass Lowell.
- In 20 all-time meetings between the two teams, UMD leads, 12-7-1. The last time the two squads faced each
other was in 1997 when the Friars swept a two-game series at the DECC on Nov. 7-8.
Massachusetts at Boston University (Sat.) at Agganis Arena
- The Terriers won the season series with the Minutemen last year, 2-1-0.
- BU won the Ice Breaker Tournament for the third time in school history last weekend in St. Louis.
No. 3 Michigan at No. 9 New Hampshire (Sat.) at the Whittemore Center
- The Wildcats split with Miami last weekend, Matt DiGirolamo notched 71 saves in two games.
- The Wolverines lead the all-time series with UNH, 5-2-1 in eight all-time meetings. The teams played to a 4-4
tie in the last meeting on Oct. 15, 2004 at Yost Ice Arena in Ann Arbor, Mich.
Connecticut at Merrimack (Sat.) at Lawler Arena
- Merrimack owned a 12-3-1 home record last season in North Andover.