~NU hosts UNH; UMass skates with BU on NESN; No. 1 BC travels to South Bend~
Maury Edwards and the UMass Lowell River Hawks host two league games this weekend
No. 8 Boston University at Massachusetts (Fri. at Mullins Center, NESN)
- The two teams skated to a 2-2 tie last Saturday night at Agganis Arena. Netminder Jeff Teglia recorded 33 stops
in his first collegiate start for the Minutemen, earning Pro Ambitions Rookie of the Week honors for his efforts.
No. 7 New Hampshire (1-1-1) at Northeastern (0-2-1) (Fri. at Matthews Arena)
- The Wildcats won the season series last year vs. the Huskies, 2-0-1. UNH was victorious, 3-1, in the last meeting
on Feb. 27 at the Whittemore Center, the two teams tied the night before at Matthews Arena (4-4).
- Husky goalie Chris Rawlings ranks third in the league in both GAA (1.96) and save percentage (.936).
- UNH's Matt DiGirolamo notched 27 saves in the 3-3 tie with No. 3 Michigan on Saturday night.
Providence (Fri.), Northeastern (Sat.) at UMass-Lowell (0-1-2) at the Tsongas Center
- The River Hawks are coming off a pair of ties last weekend at Niagara and RIT. Doug Carr notched 34 saves
in Friday's 2-2 with the Purple Eagles.
- UML won the season series with Northeastern (2-1-0) and tied with Providence in 2009-10.
- The Friars are in the midst of a five-game road trip.
No. 2 North Dakota at Maine (1-1-2) Two-Game Series (Fri.- CBSCSN, Sat.)
- Maine and North Dakota have played 18 times with the Fighting Sioux holding an 11-6-1 lead in the all-time
series. The last meeting came on Oct. 21, 2006, at 3-1 Maine win at Ralph Englestad Arena.
- Gustav Nyquist currently has 98 career points in 81 career games. He looks to become the 48th player in Maine
hockey history to eclipse the 100-point plateau. He is averaging 1.20 points per game.
- Junior forward Spencer Abbott leads the league in scoring with seven points (4g) in four games.
Providence at No. 8 Boston University (Sat. at Agganis Arena)
- PC won the season series vs. the Terriers last year, 2-1-0.
- Sophomore Tim Schaller has recorded one point in each of the first three games this season.
- Junior blueliner David Warsofsky ranks second in the league in scoring with five points (2g) through three
Merrimack at Vermont (Sat. at Gutterson Fieldhouse)
- The Warriors won the series with the Catamounts in 09-10, 2-0-1.
- Merrimack is coming off a 7-1 home win against Connecticut, while Vermont was the only league team idle
- Wahsontiio Stacey posted a hat trick vs. Denver in the season opener on Friday, Oct. 8th.
No. 1 Boston College at Notre Dame (Sat. at the Joyce Center)
- Boston College is 17-11-2 in the 29-game all-time series against the Fighting Irish. The Eagles are 8-5-2 in 15
meetings under head coach Jerry York, including a 4-1-1 record in South Bend, Ind.
- The Eagles are coming off a weekend sweep at WCHA foe Denver. Cam Atkinson notched four points in the
series, while Athletic Republic Player of the Week Jimmy Hayes had two goals, including his 50th career point on