~ No. 6 UNH hosts Warriors Saturday; UML hosts Minn. State for two ~
Kevan Miller and the Vermont Catamounts face-off against NU and BC this weekend
Vermont vs. Northeastern (Fri.), at No. 7 Boston College (Sun.)
- The Eagles have scored at least one power-play goal in each of the last four games.
- BC goaltender John Muse stopped 70-of-71 shots faced in a two-game home sweep against No. 3
Maine. Muse lowered his season GAA to 1.51 and raised his save percentage to .955.
- Last Friday, NU senior Wade MacLeod became the 45th member in Northeastern hockey history to
reach the 100-point benchmark for his career. He has tallied 44 goals and 59 assists in 123 career
games for the Huskies.
- On Tuesday, Vermont recorded 45 shots, it was the third time this season the Catamounts recorded
over 40 shots on goal.
Merrimack vs. No. 7 Boston College (Fri.), at No. 6 UNH (Sat.)
- BC killed all 12 Maine power plays last weekend to improve its season penalty-kill to a 90.4 percent
kill rate (64-for-71), which ranks second in the nation among Div. I teams.
- UNH's top line of Phil DeSimone, Paul Thompson and Mike Sislo have combined for seven goals, 17
assists and 24 points over the last four games.
- UNH has recorded 40 or more shots in seven of 12 games this season.
Minnesota State at UMass-Lowell - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat.)
- UML is 0-0-2 in two non-conference games so far this season, in two ties vs. Niagara and RIT.
- Of UMass-Lowell's 67 total points, rookies have accounted for 38.8% of all scoring (26).
Quinnipiac at Massachusetts (Sat. at the Mullins Center on NESN)
- Paul Dainton notched a career-high 44 saves in the 4-1 win vs. Vermont on Tuesday night.
- Of UMass' 54 points this year, defensemen have figured into 22 (10g,12a).
Brown at No. 2 Boston University (Sat at Agganis Arena)
- Last Friday, BU became the last Division I team to lose a game this season. The Terriers rebounded
by ending UNH's nine-game unbeaten streak on Saturday.
- The Terriers already have five come -from-behind victories this fall after having five all of last season.
Providence at Holy Cross (Sat at the Hart Center)
- Prior to last Saturday's game, Kyle MacKinnon had a three-game point streak (3g,3a).
- Providence won the only meeting against Holy Cross last year at Schneider Arena (2-1).
- The Friars had their unbeaten streak end at seven games (4-0-3) on Saturday night against Northeastern.
It was their longest unbeaten streak since February 2003.