~No. 7 UNH hosts PC, BU; UMass travels to UVM for pair; UML plays MC, BC~
Joe Pereira and the BU terriers hosts Boston College on NESN Friday night
Providence (Fri.), No. 15 Boston University (Sat., NESN) at No. 7 UNH (at the Whittemore Center)
- The Wildcats and Friars have met 140 times in the all-time series history dating back to Feb. 12, 1927, with
UNH leading the series at 76-50-14. UNH is unbeaten in its last 11 games (9-0-2) against the Friars dating back to
Feb. 24, 2007, a 7-1 Friars win.
- BU and UNH have split the two prior meetings this season with BU winning the last meeting on Nov. 20 (4-2).
- The Friars are in the midst of a stretch of six consecutive January contests in which they will play three teams
who are ranked in the top-15 nationally.
No. 3 Boston College at No. 15 Boston University (Fri. at Agganis Arena, NESN)
- The Eagles won the first two meetings of the season series in early December by scores of 9-5 and 5-2.
- Last weekend against Maine, Cam Atkinson scored BC's only goal marking his 100th career point. He has 54
goals and 46 assists in 99 career games and is the third active player with 100 points, joining senior linemates Brian
Gibbons (140 points) and Joe Whitney (127 points).
- BU is 52-1-4 in the last 57 games in which it has led after two periods.
UMass-Lowell at Merrimack (Fri.) at No. 3 Boston College (Sat.)
- Riverhawk's defenseman Maury Edwards scored twice in a weekend series against Massachusetts on Jan. 14-
15 to move into a tie with Tim Foley (1984-88) and Mike Nicholishen (1994-98) for the most goals (27) in program
history by a Division I defenseman.
- Merrimack picked up its sixth straight win, tying a Division I school record, vs. Boston University with a 3-2 victory
Tuesday night at Lawler Arena. The Warriors have won the season series with BC, BU and UML this year.
Massachusetts at Vermont - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Gutterson Fieldhouse)
- Michael Pereira has eight goals and nine assists in the last 15 games. He now ranks 10th nationally in rookie
scoring and leads all Hockey East freshmen with 17 points (8g,9a).
- Rob Madore was named Pure Hockey Defensive Player of the Week on Monday, as he posted 70 saves (.972
save%) in the series split vs. Northeastern last weekend.
- The Minutemen are 3-1-1 in the last five meetings against Vermont, including a 4-1 win on Nov. 23 in the only
meeting this season.
No. 11 Maine at Northeastern (Sat. at Matthews Arena)
- Husky senior forward Wade MacLeod has eight points in his last seven games (5g,3a), including a six game
point streak that was snapped in a win against Harvard, 3-0, on Wednesday night.
- Maine forward Brian Flynn was named Athletic Republic Player of the Week for his efforts in victories against
Providence, and Boston College last weekend. Flynn tallied five points (3g,2a) in those games.