~Merrimack hosts UVM Saturday on NESN; BU travels to Maine; UNH faces PC~
Steve Silva and the Northeastern Huskies host the UMass Minutemen Friday night on NESN
Vermont at No. 14 Merrimack - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. on NESN at Lawler Arena)
- Vermont owns a 11-7-5 lifetime record vs. Merrimack, but Merrimack is 2-0-2 in their last meetings, which
included a 2-2 tie on Oct. 23 at Gutterson Fieldhouse.
- Stephane Da Costa has points is in the midst of a 12-game point streak for the Warriors with 22 points in that
span, including two game-winners and a +10 rating.
Boston University at No. 11 Maine - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Alfond Arena)
- The teams skated to a hard fought 2-2 on Nov. 6 at Agganis Arena in the first meeting of the season series.
- Gustav Nyquist pushed his scoring streak to nine games with a pair of assists on Saturday vs. Northeastern.
Nyquist has two goals and 11 assists for 13 points during that span.
- Maine juniors Brian Flynn and Gustav Nyquist are expected to play in their 100th career games on Friday night
against Boston University. Each has missed just one game in their career. They will become the fifth and sixth current
Black Bears to reach the milestone.
- Junior Kieran Millan made 38 stops for the Terriers in a 2-1 victory over No. 7 UNH last Saturday in Durham.
No. 8 UNH vs. Providence - Two-Game Series (Fri. at PC, Sat. at UNH)
- The Friars have played in eight overtime games this season, the most by a Friar team since the 2007-08 squad
matched a school record with 10.
- Senior Matt Germain scored twice at No. 7 UNH in the 4-3 overtime loss in the first meeting of the season
series on Jan. 21st at the Whittemore Center.
- New Hampshire is unbeaten in its last 12 games (10-0-2) against the Friars dating back to Feb. 24, 2007.
- UNH's Phil DeSimone (2g) and Paul Thompson (7g) have both recorded 10 points in nine and 10 career games
vs. the Friars for the Wildcats.
Massachusetts vs. Northeastern - Two-Game Series (Fri. at NU on NESN; Sat. at UMass)
- The Huskies won the first meeting of the season series on Jan. 7 by a 5-3 score at the Mullins Center.
- Wade MacLeod tallied his 50th-career goal in game-tying fashion against Maine on Jan. 22, while linemate Tyler
McNeely procured his 50th-career assist in the same contest.
- Junior forward Danny Hobbs has registered seven points (2g,5a) in his last four games for the Minutemen.
No. 2 Boston College at UMass-Lowell (Sat. at Tsongas Center)
- The Eagles have won the first two meetings of the season series, which includes their most recent meeting on
Jan. 22 (5-3) at Conte Forum.
- UMass-Lowell is combined off a 8-5 win vs. Bentley on Tuesday. The River Hawks finished the game 4-for-7 on
the power play. Patrick Cey has six points (4g,2a) in the last three games, including two goals and one assists vs.