~BU, NU play home and home; UMass hosts Maine; UVM entertains UML; MC, PC play two~
Boston College and New Hampshire faceoff at Kelley Rink Friday night on NESNplus
No. 8 UNH vs. No. 2 Boston College - Two-Game Series (Fri. at BC on NESNplus, Sat. at UNH)
- UNH would clinch the title with a victory Friday, while BC needs three points to clinch the title.
- The Wildcats captured a 2-1 win in the teams first meeting back on Nov. 5 at Conte Forum.
- UNH head coach Dick Umile is just one win shy of 300 wins in Hockey East play. Umile, with 299 wins, is looking
to become just the second coach in league history to capture 300 league wins. BU's Jack Parker was the first.
Northeastern vs. No. 13 Boston University - Two-Game Series (Fri. at NU, Sat. at BU)
- Boston University is unbeaten in nine straight Hockey East games (7-0-2).
- In the only other meetings this season, the Terriers topped the Huskies, 5-4, on Dec. 8 at Agganis Arena
- Northeastern's top line of seniors Tyler McNeely, Steve Silva and Wade MacLeod have scored at least one point
in eight of their last 11 games and within the last nine games, have combined for 40 points, including 14 goals and
Providence vs. No. 7 Merrimack - Two-Game Series (Fri. at MC, Sat. at PC)
- With a win tonight, two ties on the weekend or a Maine loss, Merrimack will clinch home ice in the HEA Quarterfinals
for the second time in school history. The Warriors can still finish as high as second and have already secured its
winningest season since joining the league.
- Providence won the only meeting earlier this season 2-0, on Nov. 5th at Schneider Arena.
- If the Friars win one game and Massachusetts loses twice to Maine, PC will earn the final playoff spot because
it has the tiebreaker advantage against the Minutemen.
No. 14 Maine at Massachusetts - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at the Mullins Center)
- Maine brings in a five-game win streak to this weekend's games, including a weekend sweep against Merrimack
- Maine forwards Brian Flynn and Gustav Nyquist are nearing the 50 goal plateau. Flynn currently leads all Black
Bears with 49 career goals, while Nyquist has 48.
- Maine won the previous meeting this season, 4-1, at Alfond Arena on Dec. 12.
- Since 2007, UMass has posted a 10-5 record against Maine, including an 8-1 record at home.
UMass-Lowell at Vermont - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Gutterson Fieldhouse)
- UMass-Lowell junior forward David Vallorani is coming off a six point weekend (3g,3a). He has now posted 27
points on the season (12g,17a).
- Vermont sophomore forward Sebastian Stalberg has eight multi-point games this season with six goals and 12
assists in those contests. Of those eight games, four have been against ranked teams.
- The Catamounts can clinch a playoff birth with one point Friday against the River Hawks or a Providence loss.