~ Maine travels to No. 6 North Dakota; No. 7 BU faces PC, DU; UNH plays NU, BC ~
Tommy Cross and Boston College will host Denver Friday night on CBS Sports Network
UNH at Northeastern (Fri. at Matthews Arena)
- The Wildcats won the season series last year, 1-0-2, with UNH winning the last meeting by a 6-3 score on Feb.
26th. UNH is 3-0-3 in the last six meetings vs. the Huskies.
- Junior forward Justin Daniels (Suffern, N.Y.) notched his first-career two goal game vs. UMass last week.
- Senior forward Steve Moses (Leominster, Mass.) has seven points (3g,4a) in nine career games vs. NU.
No. 7 Boston University (Fri., NESN), Massachusetts (Sat.) at Providence (at Schneider Arena)
- The Friars are 36-24 all-time in home openers. Last season, Providence posted a 3-2 win over Northeastern to
start the season. In addition, the Friars are 13-12-2 in Hockey East openers.
- The Terriers swept the three-game season series last year vs. PC, with all three games being one-goal contests.
PC won the season series vs. UMass last year, 1-0-2.
No. 3 Denver at No. 1 Boston College (Fri. at Conte Forum, CBSSN)
- Boston College is 11-13-0 in the 24-game all-time series against Denver, including a 3-2-0 record in Chestnut
Hill, Mass. BC swept a two-game series between the Eagles and Pioneers at Magness Arena in Denver last October.
The Eagles captured victories by scores of 6-2 (Oct. 15) and 3-0 (Oct. 16).
Bentley at Massachusetts (Fri. at the Mullins Center)
- Three different UMass players scored goal in the 3-3 tie with Northeastern last Friday. Kevin Boyle (Manalapan,
N.J.) made 29 saves in his first collegiate start for the Minutemen.
Maine at No. 6 North Dakota - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Ralph Engelstad Arena)
- Senior forward Brian Flynn (Lynnfield, Mass.) is the leading active scorer in the league with 113 points (52g,61a) in
career 115 games. He was named Athletic Republic Player of the Week for his five-point effort on Sunday vs. NU.
UMass-Lowell at Minnesota State - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Verizon Wireless Center)
- In a series that dates back to the 78-79 season, MSU owns a 3-2-0 lead in the all-time series vs. UML.
No. 1 Boston College at UNH (Sat. at the Whittemore Center)
- The Wildcats are 16-6-2 vs. BC in 28 all-time meetings at the Whittemore Center. Overall, in the last eight games
of series, the Eagles have 5-1-2 record vs. UNH.
- BC is coming off its third Ice Breaker title in school history at North Dakota, as eight players accounted for 11
goals scored in the two-game tournament and junior goaltender Parker Milner (Pittsburgh, Pa.) stopped 39 of 43
shots faced in earning two victories.
Army at Merrimack (Sat. at Lawler Arena)
- Merrimack won the last matchup between the two schools by a 2-1 score in overtime on Dec. 30, 2011.
- The Warriors were victorious in their league opener last Friday at Maine, 2-1. Merrimack's penalty kill was a
perfect 9-for-9 on the night.