~ Northeastern travels to No. 11 Michigan; UML, UNH play UAH; UVM hosts pair ~
Boston University will face-off against Cornell at Madison Square Garden on Saturday
Alabama-Huntsville at UMass-Lowell (Fri. at Tsongas Center)
• The River Hawks are 8-1-0 all-time against the Chargers in a series that dates back to 1989. UMass Lowell
has won the last five meetings between the clubs, with the last loss coming on Oct. 25, 1991.
• Sophomore goaltender Doug Carr made 16 stops vs. Massachusetts last Saturday to record his first collegiate
shutout and the program's first since Feb. 26, 2010, a span of 49 games.
Colgate (Fri.), Dartmouth (Sun.) at Vermont (at Gutterson Fieldhouse)
• The Catamounts are coming off a 2-1 victory against UMass on Tuesday night in Burlington, Vt., picking up
their first conference win of the season. Freshman Kyle Reynolds scored twice and senior Rob Madore made 18
saves in net for the Catamounts.
• Vermont has allowed only nine of its 41 goals this season in the third period, that total is tied for third lowest
among conference teams.
Northeastern at No. 11 Michigan (Fri. at Yost Ice Arena)
• Despite Michigan holding the 4-2-0 advantage in the six-game overall series, Northeastern fared well in its last
trip to Ann Arbor with a 3-2 victory on Oct. 28, 2006.
• Ludwig Karlsson leads Northeastern with 10 points and six goals through 12 games. Karlsson has a goal in
each of his last three games with four goals and five points in that span
Miami (Fri.) vs. Providence (at the Denver Cup Classic, Magness Arena)
• Ross Mauermann's 1.09 points per game is best among Hockey East rookies and is tied third nationally in
points per game among first-year players.
• Providence's team offense (3.55 gpg) ranks tied for eighth in the country, along with Boston University.
Clarkson at Maine (Sat. at Cumberland County Civic Center)
• Spencer Abbott tallied two goals and dished out a pair of assists in the 6-4 exhibition victory over the U.S.
Under-18 Team on Wednesday night.
• Maine leads the all-time series with Clarkson, 8-5-1 with the most recent meeting coming in 2007, a 5-3 Black
Bears win on Dec. 28 in the opening round of the Florida College Classic in Estero, Fla.
Alabama-Huntsville at UNH (Sat. at the Whittemore Center)
• Grayson Downing (2g,2a) and John Henrion (4a) each registered four points in the 7-6 loss to Harvard on
Tuesday at the Bright Center.
Cornell vs. Boston University (Sat. at Madison Square Garden, MSG Network)
• Satuday's game marks the 43rd time Boston University and Cornell have faced off, with the Big Red holding a
23-17-2 advantage, but BU has won six of the last 11 meetings. Historic rivals Boston University and Cornell invade
Madison Square Garden for the third edition of Red Hot Hockey. The Terriers defeated the Big Red, 6-3, in 2007
before rallying from a 3-1 third-period deficit in 2009 to come away with a 3-3 draw.
Massachusetts at Quinnipiac (Sat. at the TD Bank Sports Center, NESN)
• UMass owns a 2-0 record so far this season in non-league games with wins over Bentley and Holy Cross.
• Senior T.J. Syner leads the Minutemen in scoring with 17 points (6g,11a).