~ No. 1 Merrimack meets PC; UNH/UML play two; Maine visits UVM; NU heads to No. 2 ND ~
Boston College hosts Boston University Friday night on CBS Sports Network
No. 13 Boston University vs. No. 3 Boston College - Two-Game Series (Fri. at BC; Sat. at BU)
• The Comm. Ave. rivals have met 255 times and the Terriers lead the series, 126-112-17 (.527). The teams
are an even 6-6-1 in the 13 meetings since the start of the 2008-09 season, including a 5-0 Terriers' shutout in their
first meeting of the season series on Nov. 13 at Conte Forum.
• The Eagles offense ranks seventh in the country scoring 3.57 goals per contest.
• Senior goaltender Kieran Millan has allowed just two goals over his last 182:48 in the Terriers' goal.
• BU's Chris Connolly is two points from 100 career points. He has totaled 98 points (30g,68a) in 127 career
games for the Terriers.
UMass-Lowell vs. UNH - Two-Game Series (Fri. at UML, Sat. at UNH)
• The Wildcats lead the all-time series with the River Hawks at 55-30-15 in 100 all-time meetings. UNH swept
the 2010-11 season series and captured a 5-0 win in this year's only meeting. The Wildcats are 9-0-3 in the last
12 home games against the River Hawks and are 14-4-2 in the last 20 games.
• Doug Carr was named Athletic Republic Goaltender of the Month for his perfect 5-0 record in the month of
November with the River Hawks, to go along with a 1.40 GAA and .941 save percentage.
• UNH's John Henrion has tallied five points (3g,2a) in five career games vs. UML.
• The Wildcats power play is running at a 32% (8-25) efficiency rate over the last eight games.
No. 1 Merrimack vs. Providence - Two-Game Series (Fri. at PC, Sat. at MC)
• In 111 meetings between Providence and Merrimack, the Friars lead, 75-28-8, including a 43-15-2 mark in Providence.
Last season, PC posted a 2-1 record against Merrimack with both Friar wins coming at Schneider Arena.
• The Warriors are the team No. 1 in the country for the second straight week and remain the only undefeated team
in the nation (9-0-1). Merrimack has had eight days off since their last game on Nov. 23, a 6-0 shutout of UAH.
Maine at Vermont - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Gutterson Fieldhouse)
• Maine's Brian Flynn has amassed eight points (3g,5a) in nine career games vs. the Catamounts.
• Rob Madore trails Joe Fallon '08 by 44 saves for second place on the all-time career saves list at Vermont.
Madore has 2,863 career stops and is behind only Fallon (2,907) and Tim Thomas '97 (3,950).
• Spencer Abbott needs only two points to join the 100 career-point club. He has recorded 98 points (38g,60a)
in 124 games with the Black Bears.
• Maine leads 17-14-3 in the all-time series. Maine holds a 5-4-1 lead in the last 10 meetings.
Harvard at Massachusetts (Fri. at the Mullins Center)
• Harvard and UMass have not met on the ice since 2003. The Crimson lead the all-time series 6-1-0 with UMass'
only win coming on Dec. 30, 1999 (W, 4-2) at the Mariucci Classic in Minnesota.
• With 12 assists T.J. Syner is second in the Hockey East in assists this season and teammate Conor Sheary
is tied for third with 11.
Northeastern at No. 2 Notre Dame - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Compton Family Ice Arena)
• Notre Dame leads the all-time series, 3-2-1. The last meeting between ND and NU occurred on Oct. 27, 2001
at Matthews Arena, a 3-3 tie.
• Junior goaltender Chris Rawlings has surrendered three goals or less in six of his last seven outings, dropping
his GAA to 2.46 and elevating his save percentage to .930. He owns the third-best save percentage in Hockey East
and 12th-best in the country, while his GAA is fourth best in the league.