~ UNH entertains UVM; UMass travels to No. 11 Maine; PC plays two at Northeastern ~
Garrett Noonan and Boston University host UMass Lowell Saturday night on NESN
No. 9 Merrimack vs. No. 4 Boston College - Two-Game Series (Fri. at BC, Sat. at MC)
• The two teams skated to a 2-2 draw in the first meeting of the season series on Jan. 8 at Conte Forum. Connor
Toomey notched both goals in the game for the Warriors, while the Eagles went a perfect 6-for-6 on the penalty kill.
• Brian Dumoulin's 19 points in league play lead the conference among defensive players for the Eagles.
• Boston College has won five straight games heading into the weekend series with Merrimack with three of the
five games being one goal games, which inlcudes two overtime victories.
• Joe Cannata ranks third in the league in both GAA (2.08) and save percentage (.928) for the Warriors.
Massachusetts at No. 11 Maine - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Alfond Arena)
• The two teams skated to a 2-2 draw at the Mullins Center on Nov. 18th. Dan Sullivan posted a career-high 35
saves in goal in the tie. Maine then defeated UMass 5-2 in the Florida College Classic Championship Game on Dec. 30.
Brian Flynn had a pair of goals in the win for the Black Bears.
• Brian Flynn is Maine's active leading scorer vs. the Minutemen with 15 points (11g,4a) in 11 career contests.
• Massachusetts has scored at least three goals in the last four games and in eight of its last 10 contests.
• UMass' Michael Pereira has six goals in his last four games for the Minutemen, including four goals last weekend
vs. BU and Providence, en route to being named Athletic Republic Co-Player of the Week on Monday.
No. 6 UMass-Lowell vs. No. 2 Boston University - Two-Game Series (Fri. at UML, Sat. at BU on NESN)
• UML won the first meeting by a 7-1 score on Nov. 5 at the Tsongas Center. UML outshot BU, 44-16 for the game.
Matt Ferreira and Scott Wilson both had three-point games, while Derek Arnold notched two goals in the victory.
• Scott Wilson's 21 points and 10 goals in lead play are best among league rookies in conference play.
• Alex Chiasson has recorded seven points (2g,5a) in his last four contests for the Terriers.
Vermont at New Hampshire - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at the Whittemore Center)
• Stevie Moses has registered 15 points (4g,11a) in 15 career games vs. the Catamounts.
• UNH is 15-4-5 against the Catamounts since they became a member of Hockey East during the 05-06 season.
This season, the teams tied 4-4 in their first meeting at Gutterson Fieldhouse on Nov. 23. H.T. Lenz notched two goals
for Vermont and Rob Madore finished the game with 36 saves.
Providence at Northeastern - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Matthews Arena)
• Northeastern won the first meeting of the season series by a 5-2 score on Nov. 18 at Schneider Arena. Steve
Quailer and Drew Ellement both tallied two points apiece for the Huskies.
• Ross Mauermann's 18 points in league play is tied for second best among Hockey East rookies.
• In the last 10 meetings, the Huskies own a 7-1-2 record vs. the Friars and have outscored them, 38 to 17 during
HUMBOLDT STORAGE AND MOVING "MOVE OF THE WEEK" WINNER:
to Boston College's Bill Arnold with his overtime winning goal against Boston University in the
championship game of the 60th Annual Beanpot on Monday (92 votes).