~ UMass hosts UNH for two; No. 7 UML, No. 13 MC faceoff for pair; NU hosts No. 11 Maine ~
Brett Leonard and Vermont host Boston University on NBC Sports Network on Friday
New Hampshire at Massachusetts - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at the Mullins Center)
• The Wildcats won the first meeting of the season series on November 4 at the Whittemore Center (7-3). UMass'
Conor Sheary notched a game-high three points (1g,2a), while seven UNH players notched two points in the game.
UNH is 10-1-3 in its last 14 meetings against UMass.
• Sophomore forward Michael Pereira have notched six goals for the Minutemen in the last three games and eight
goals in his last eight games, which includes an active four game scoring streak. His 12 goals in league play rank tied
for fourth among conference skaters.
• UNH's penalty kill is tied atop the leaderboard in league play at 85.1% (63-74).
No. 13 Merrimack vs. No. 7 UMass-Lowell - Two-Game Series (Fri. at MC, Sat. at UML)
• The River Hawks won the first meeting of the season on February 10th, a 3-0 shutout at the Tsongas Center. Derek
Arnold notched two goals in the game and Riley Wetmore registered three points (1g,2a) for UML. Doug Carr stopped
31 shots in his fourth career shutout for the River Hawks. Joe Cannata stopped 39 shots in the loss for MC.
• Doug Carr has notched 30+ saves in three of the last for games for UMass-Lowell. Carr leads Hockey East
in league play with a 2.12 GAA and .928 save percentage. His 571 saves rank fourth among league netminders in
• Merrimack's 2.30 goals allowed per game leads Hockey East and the Warriors have allowed a league-low 14
goals in the third period of league games this season.
No. 11 Maine at Northeastern - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Matthews Arena)
• Chris Rawling's 674 saves in league play this season leads among Hockey East goaltenders in leaghue play.
• The Black Bears won the first meeting of the season series at Alfond Arena (6-3) on October 9. Maine's top line
of Spencer Abbott (1g,2a), Brian Flynn (1g,4a) and Joey Diamond (1g,2a) combined for 11 points in the game.
• Brian Flynn, who notched his 150th career point last weekend vs. UMass, is the active leading scorer vs. Northeastern
with 16 points (5g,11a) in 10 career games vs. the Huskies.
Providence vs. No. 2 Boston College -Two-Game Series (Fri. at PC, Sat. at BC on NESN)
• The Eagles won nine consecutive meetings, including one this season on December 6. Providence is seeking its
first win over BC since a 3-2 victory at Kelley Rink on February 29, 2008.
• BC's Johnny Gaudreau is in the midst of a five-game scoring streak with 10 points (5g,5a) during that time.
• Providence is currently on a four-game unbeaten streak (2-0-2), matching the longest streak this season.
No. 6 Boston University at Vermont - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. on NBCSN at Gutterson Fieldhouse)
• The Terriers won a one-goal game (4-3) at Agganis Arena on November 18 in the first meeting of the season.
UVM's Blake Doerring (1g,1a) and BU's Matt Nieto (2a) each notched two points in the game.
• Boston University's power power is tops in league play at 28.9% and the Terriers 25.8% conversion rate is third
best in the country among Div. I teams.
HUMBOLDT STORAGE AND MOVING "MOVE OF THE WEEK" WINNER:
Maine's Matt Mangene for scoring on a strong move to the net on Friday against UMass.