~ Vermont hosts BU, NU; UMass skates with Maine, UML; PC entertains NU ~
Merrimack College travels to Boston College for a Friday night faceoff
Merrimack at No. 1 Boston College (Fri. at Conte Forum)
- The Eagles won the season series last year, 2-0-1. BC owns a 23-0-2 vs. Merrimack in its last 25 games at Conte
Forum. The teams tied 2-2 last year at Conte.
- Merrimack captain Jordan Heywood (Regina, Sask.) is tied for first nationally in goal scoring among defensemen
with four and tied for first in Hockey East in scoring among blueliners with eight points.
Massachusetts at Maine (Fri. at Alfond Arena)
- The teams tied the season series last year and Maine won the fourth meeting in the 2012 Florida College Classic
Championship Game by a 5-2 score against the Minutemen back on December 30.
- The Minutemen are coming off a 4-0 shutout of Providence last Friday night. Sophomore goalie Kevin Boyle
(Manalapan, N.J.) totaled 17 saves for his first career shutout.
No. 6 New Hampshire at UMass-Lowell (Fri. at the Tsongas Center)
- Casey DeSmith is riding a 118:52 minute scoreless streak. He leads Hockey East and ranks second in the nation
in save percentage (.953) and shutouts (3). He is first in Hockey East and third nationally in GAA (1.36).
- John Henrion (Holden, Mass.) has notched six points (3g,3a) in seven career games vs. the River Hawks.
- UMass-Lowell won the season series, 2-1, including wins in the last two meetings vs. UNH.
Northeastern at Providence College (Fri. at Schneider Arena on Cox Sports)
- Senior Chris Rawlings (North Delta, B.C.) set the Northeastern school record in career shutouts with 10 after
the 3-0 victory over Alabama-Huntsville on Nov. 10. Rawlings needs just seven saves against Providence to record his
- Three of the teams' last five meetings have ended in overtime ties, while Northeastern carries a five -game unbeaten
streak into Friday night's game (2-0-3) vs. the Friars.
No. 11 Boston University at Vermont (Fri. at Gutterson Fieldhouse)
- The Terriers own a 5-0-1 record in the last six meetings, as BU swept the season series last year, but eight of the
last 12 games in the series have been decided by a goal or less.
- Vermont enters the weekend 20 of 25 on the penalty kill this season, having killed off 15 of its last 16 power
No. 6 New Hampshire at No. 11 Boston University (Sun. at Agganis Arena)
- The Wildcats won the first meeting of the season by a 4-1 score on October 20 at the Whittemore Center.
- Austin Block (Thousand Oaks, Calif.) has four goals in the last two games. After posting just 10 goals over his
first three seasons, he leads Hockey East and ranks fourth nationally with seven goals.
- Matt O'Connor (Toronto, Ont.) has started the last three games for BU, posting a 2.04 GAA and .930 save percentage.
UMass-Lowell at Massachusetts (Sun. at the Mullins Center)
- The River Hawks swept the season series last year and scored at least four
goals in each game vs. UMass.
Northeastern at Vermont (Sun. at Gutterson Fieldhouse)
- Northeastern swept the season series last year, including a pair of victories in late January at Gutterson. The
Catamounts and Huskies have met every year since 2002.