~ No. 2 UNH faces UMass-Lowell; Vermont heads to Maine for two-game set ~
The Boston University vs. Boston College weekend series will be on NBC Sports Network
No. 1 Boston College vs. No. 9 Boston University - Two-Game Series (Fri. at BU; Sat. at BC; NBCSN)
- Saturday's victory over Dartmouth marked No. 923 for head coach Jerry York. York owns the second-most victories
of any Division 1 coach and needs one win to tie Ron Mason and two victories to break the all-time NCAA wins
record. Mason recorded 924 victories in his career at Lake Superior State, Bowling Green and Michigan State.
- BU freshman Sean Maguire (Powell River, B.C.) was named Pro Ambitions Rookie of the Week on Monday for his
21-save effort in his first career shutout for the Terriers. Maguire has started four games this season, while classmate
Matt O'Connor (Toronto, Ont.) has amassed seven starts for BU.
- The Eagles won the first meeting of the season series on Nov. 11 by a 4-2 score at Agganis Arena. The Terriers
went 6-for-6 on the penalty kill. BC's Kevin Hayes (Dorchester, Mass.) notched a game-high two points (1g,1a) and
Parker Milner (Pittsburgh, Pa.) made 25 saves for the Eagles in his eighth win of the season.
UMass-Lowell vs. No. 2 New Hampshire - Two-Game Series (Fri. at UNH on WBIN-TV; Sat. at UML)
- UNH is coming off a 6-4 victory over then No. 2 Denver last Saturday night at Magness Arena. Grayson Downing
(Abbottsford, B.C.) and Kevin Goumas (Long Beach, N.Y.) each scored their first career hat tricks in the game for the
Wildcats. Goumas was named Athletic Republic Player of the Week on Monday for his seven-point weekend (3g,4a).
- Sophomore forward Scott Wilson (Oakville, Ont.) has recorded six points (1g,5a) in his last two games for the
- The Wildcats were victorious with a 3-0 shutout in the first meeting of the season series back on Nov. 16 at the
Tsongas Center. Casey DeSmith (Rochester, N.H.) totaled 23 stops in his seventh win of the year.
Vermont at Maine - Two-Game Series (Fri. on CBSSN, Sat. at Alfond Arena)
- Maine owns a 7-1-1 in its last nine meetings vs. Vermont and won four straight. The Catamounts are 3-3-0 in
their last six trips to Alfond Arena and 7-6-1 all-time in Orono against the Black Bears.
- The Catamounts have killed off 36 of the last 40 power plays (90%) they have faced. The Cats were 8-for-9 last
weekend against a Minnesota power play that was ranked sixth in the nation.
- Senior forward Joey Diamond (Long Beach, N.Y.) has posted seven points (5g,2a) for the Black Bears in seven
career games against the Catamounts.
Massachusetts vs. Northeastern - Two-Game Series (Fri. at UMass; Sat. at NU)
- Senior captain Vinny Saponari (Powder Springs, Ga.) is riding a career-high (at NU) seven-game point streak into
Friday's game at Massachusetts. Saponari has produced eight points (3-5-8) within that stretch.
- The teams tied the season series last year with the Huskies winning the last meeting by a 4-3 score in overtime
on February 3rd at Matthews Arena.
Providence vs. Merrimack - Two-Game Series (Fri. at MC; Sat. at PC)
- The Friars are coming off a 7-0 win over Brown (Nov. 24) in the 27th annual Mayor's Cup game and are 2-1-0
in their last three games. With a shutout of Brown, Jon Gillies (Portland, Maine) became the first Friar freshman to
record two shutouts since the 1982-83 season (Chris Terreri).
- Merrimack junior Mike Collins (Boston, Mass.) leads conference play with 12 points (4g,8a) in seven games.
- Last season, the Friars went 2-1-0 against the Warriors to take the season series for the second consecutive
season (also went 2-1-0 in 2010-11).