~ UML travels north for pair at UVM; UMass, PC skate in home-and-home set ~
Boston College hosts New Hampshire to kick off the league's NESN package on Friday
No. 4 New Hampshire vs. No. 2 Boston College - Two-Game Series (Fri. at BC on NESN; Sat. at UNH)
- UNH forward Austin Block (Thousand Oaks, Calif.) has scored 10 goals in 18 games in his senior season, after
scoring 10 goals in 97 games in his three previous seasons in Durham.
- BC sophomore Johnny Gaudreau (Carneys Point, N.J.) is the only active point per game player in Hockey East,
among those who have played at least one full season in the league. He has amassed 67 points (32g,35a) in 58
career games for the Eagles for a 1.16 per game average.
Massachusetts vs. Providence - Two-Game Series (Fri. at UMass; Sat. at PC)
- The Minutemen shutout Providence, 4-0, in the first meeting of the season series on November 9. Michael Pereira
(West Haven, Conn.) notched a game-high three points (1g,2a) with UMass outshooting PC, 32-17 in the victory.
- Jon Gillies (South Portland, Maine) has started 15 games for the Friars this season, including a 3-2-1 record with
a 1.80 GAA and .933 save percentage for the Friars in six games before the World Juniors.
- UMass junior forward Branden Gracel (Calgary, Alta.) has recorded nine points (3g,6a) in the last six games.
UMass-Lowell at Vermont - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Gutterson Fieldhouse)
- The two teams skated to a 1-1 tie in their season opener on October 12 at the Tsongas Center. Brody Hoffman
(Wilkie, Sask.) registered 38 saves in his first career start for the Catamounts.
- UMass Lowell penalty kill has killed off 23 straight penalties dating back to Nov. 30 at UNH and has killed 29 of the last 30 (96.7%) dating back to Nov. 18 at UMass.
- Junior Chris McCarthy (Collegeville, Pa.) has totaled 10 points (2g,8a) over his last nine games for the 'Cats.
Maine at Northeastern (Fri. at Matthews Arena)
- Junior forward Cody Ferriero (Essex, Mass.) has scored six goals in his last two games for the Huskies, which
included a four-goal effort on December 29 at Harvard.
- The Black Bears own a 5-1-1 mark in the last seven games vs. NU, Maine won the season series, 2-1-0, last year.
- Joey Diamond (Long Beach, N.Y.) is Maine's active leading scorer with 12 points (5g,7a) in six games vs. NU
- Senior Chris Rawlings (North Delta, B.C.; 3,161) is six saves away from Brad Thiessen (06-09;3,166) for second
on the NU career saves list. Rawlings is just the third NU goaltender in history to surpass the 3,000 saves mark.
No. 8 Boston University at Merrimack (Fri. at Lawler Arena)
- The Terriers won the first meeting between the two teams on November 9. Matt O'Connor (Toronto, Ont.) recorded
34 saves to help end Merrimack's four-game unbeaten streak.
- Brandon Brodhag (Brooklyn Park, Minn.; 5g,1a) and Jordan Heywood (Regina, Sask.; 6a) both are Merrimack's
active leading scorers vs. the Terriers with six point in 11 and seven games, respectively.
- BU's Sean Escobedo (Bayside, N.Y.) and Alexx Privitera (Old Tappan, N.J.) ranked first and second in league play
in blocked shots with 40 and 29, respectively, on the season.
Maine at Merrimack (Sat. at Lawler Arena)
- Merrimack won the regular season series last year, 2-0-1, earning its first win at Alfond since 1997. The teams
met again in the Hockey East Quarterfinals for the second straight year, the Black Bears prevailed in three games.
- Junior goalie Martin Ouellette (St.-Hippolyte, Que.) has started nine of the last 10 games for the Black Bears,
posting a 3-3-2 record with a 1.93 GAA and .929 save percentage.