January 24, 2013
Providence College plays a home-and-home series with Boston University this weekend
Maine at No. 3 Boston College - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Conte Forum)
- The Eagles won the first meeting of the season series by a 4-2 score on Nov. 2 at Alfond Arena. Senior Parker Milner (Pittsburgh, Pa.) totaled 28 saves in the BC victory.
- Sophomore Johnny Gaudreau (Carneys Point, N.J.) leads the nation at 1.72 points per game and his 1.06 assists per game in second best among Div. I players. He also leads the nation with 1.39 ppg during 5x5 play.
- Senior Joey Diamond (Long Beach, N.Y.) scored his 50th career goal on Jan. 19th vs. Merrimack. He has recorded 89 points in 122 career games. Diamond has notched 12 points (7g,5a) in 12 career game vs. the Eagles.
No. 4 New Hampshire vs. Merrimack - Two-Game Series (Fri. at MC, Sat. at Verizon Wireless Arena)
- Merrimack owns a 5-3-1 record vs. UNH in the last nine meetings of the season series, which included a 1-1-1 record in the regular-season series in last year. Four of those nine meetings have gone to OT with the Warriors holding a 2-1-1 record in the extra frame.
- Senior John Henrion (Holden, Mass.) enters the game on the four-game point streak with five points (3g,2a) and 20 shots on goal during that time. He currently leads the league with 92 shots on goal (4.4 spg) in 21 contests.
- Merrimack's penalty kill went 18-for-19 (94.7%) against Maine in the last three games and is 20 for its last 21 overall (95.2%).
No. 10 Boston University vs. Providence - Two-Game Series (Fri. at PC, Sat. at BU on NESN)
- BU has won seven of its last eight meetings with PC and is 15-4-0 in their last 19 tilts vs. the Friars, which includes a 4-2 Terriers' win back on Oct. 13 in the season opener for both teams. Sophomore Cason Hohmann (Plymouth, Mich.) amassed a game-high three points (1g,2a).
- The Terriers have lost their last three home games, all by a single goal. BU has endured only four four-game home losing streaks since moving to campus in 1971.
- Junior forward Derek Army (North Kingstown, R.I.) has 14 points (9G,5a) in his last 13 games for the Friars. He notched two goals in the 6-5 win at UNH last Saturday night. PC owns a 9-1-2 record when Army registers a point.
No. 12 UMass-Lowell vs. Northeastern - Two-Game Series (Fri. at NU; Sat. at UML)
- The River Hawks won the first meeting of the season series in a 2-0 shutout on Dec. 8 at the Tsongas Center. Freshman Connor Hellebuck (Commerce, Mich.) recorded 25 stops in his first career shutout. Hellebuyck is 6-0 with a 0.95 GAA and a .964 save % and two shutouts in his last seven appearances for the River Hawks.
- UML has won nine straight games dating back to Dec. 8, matching its Division I era win streak. UML's nine-game unbeaten streak in the third-longest current streak in the nation behind only Quinnipiac (15-0-2) and Minnesota (8-0-2).
- Kevin Roy's (Lac-Beauport, Que.) 1.15 points per game leads all Div. I rookies and ranks 22nd overall among all skaters.
Massachusetts at Vermont - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Gutterson Fieldhouse)
- UMass' line of Michael Pereira (West Haven, Conn.), Branden Gracel (Calgary, Alta.) and Conor Sheary (Melrose, Mass.) has totaled 20 points in the last six games, including six points (3g,3a) in Friday's win at No. 2 BC.
- UMass won the first meeting of the season series back on Nov. 20 by a 3-1 score. Gracel notched two goals in the victory for the Minutemen.
- Freshman Brody Hoffman (Wilkie, Sask.) is second among all league goaltenders with 578 saves for the Catamounts,
averaging 26.3 saves per contest. He has recorded 30+ saves in nine of his 22 starts.