~ No. 4 BC squares off with Merrimack, No. 5 UNH; NU hosts Vermont for two ~
Maine hosts Boston University for a pair of televised games this weekend at Alfond Arena
No. 4 Boston College at Merrimack (Fri. at Lawler Arena)
- The Eagles won the first meeting of the season series back on November 16 by a 4-3 score at Conte Forum.
Sam Marotta (Bridgewater, Mass.) registered 38 saves in the loss as BC outshot the Warriors, 42-26 in the game.
BC senior Steven Whitney (Reading, Mass.) notched two goals in the victory for the Eagles.
- After starting the season 3-4-3 at home, the Warriors have won four straight at Lawler and are 7-4-3 at home
this season and 42-14-8 in their last four seasons.
- Steven Whitney (1g,2a) and Johnny Gaudreau (Carneys Point, N.J.; 2g,1a) both had a game-high three points in
the Beanpot Championship Game on Monday. The Eagles picked up their 18th Beanpot Championship on Monday,
including their fourth straight title. Jerry York has won seven Beanpots in his tenure at BC.
No. 13 Boston University at Maine - Two-Game Series (Fri. on NBCSN; Sat. on NESN)
- The Terriers won the opening meeting on the season series with a 1-0 shutout on December 8. Garrett Noonan
(Norfolk, Mass.) scored his his third goal of the season. Freshman Sean Maguire (Powell River, B.C.) notched 28
saves in his second career shutout for the Terriers.
- Four of Maine's last nine games have gone to overtime. The Black Bears own a 1-0-5 record in six overtime
games this season.
- Boston University owns a 6-3-0 record in nine league road games to date.
No. 15 UMass-Lowell vs. Massachusetts - Two-Game Series (Fri. at UMass; Sat. at UML)
- Senior forward Riley Wetmore (Swanton, Vt.) needs two points for 100 in his River Hawks career. He has amassed
98 points (44g,54a) in 136 career games at UML. His 10 goals currently leads the River Hawks' roster.
- UMass' Michael Pereira (West Haven, Conn.) has amassed six points (4g,2a) in seven career games vs. UML.
- Sophomore Kevin Boyle (Manalapan, N.J.) currently ranks second with a 2.08 GAA in conference play and is
fourth in save percentage (.925) for the Minutemen.
Vermont at Northeastern - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Matthews Arena)
- Kyle Reynolds (Sylvan Lake, Alta.) has recorded two multi-goal games in his last three contests and has six
tallies in last six games for the Catamounts.
- Freshman forward Kevin Roy (Lac-Beauport, Que.) was named Most Vaulable Player of the Beanpot on Monday
with his five goals in two games at the TD Garden.
No. 5 New Hampshire at No. 4 Boston College (Sunday at Conte Forum)
- The two teams split the previous meetings back in mid January with UNH winning the last meeting on Jan. 12
by a 2-1 score at the Whittemore Center.
- Boston College has scored four goals in 13 of its 17 wins this season
- The Wildcats recorded 133 shots on net over the past three games (44.3 shots/game).
Merrimack at Providence (Sunday at Schneider Arena)
- Merrimack's penalty kill is a perfect 24-for-24 at home in five home games in 2013.
- The Friars are coming off a 1-0 shutout of UNH on Wednesday night. Freshman netminder Jon Gillies (South
Portland, Maine) stopped 37 shots for his fourth career shutout.