October 24, 2013
Boston College travels to top ranked Minnesota for two games this weekend
No. 2 Notre Dame at Minnesota-Duluth – Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at AMSOIL Arena)
- Through four games, nineteen different members of the Fighting Irish have recorded at least a point, led by Hockey East Co-Rookie of the Week Vince Hinostroza, who has three goals and three assists for six points.
No. 3 Miami (Ohio) at No. 8 Providence – Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Schneider Arena)
- Last season, the Friars traveled west to take on the Red Hawks in two games that would both end up going to overtime. While the first matchup ended in a 1-1 tie, Miami escaped the second night with a 4-3 overtime win.
No. 5 Boston College at No. 1 Minnesota – Two-Game Series (Fri., Sun. at Mariucci Arena)
- Including last year's 8-1 loss in Minneapolis, the Eagles are 6-1-3 in their last ten games against the Golden Gophers. These two programs have combined to produce ten National Championships, 43 Frozen Four appearances, 66 National Tournament appearances, 27 conference titles, 83 first-team All-Americans and six Hobey Baker Award winners.
No. 14 Boston University at No. 4 Michigan (Fri.), at Michigan State (Sat.)
- BU's leading scorer so far this season is defenseman Ahti Oksanen, who has 1-6-7 totals through four games. The Terriers have not had a blueliner lead the team in scoring since 2003-04, when Ryan Whitney had a team-high 25 points on nine goals and 16 assists.
UMass Lowell at Michigan State (Fri.), No. 4 Michigan (Sat.)
- Five of the eight goals that the River Hawks have scored have come in the third period.
Massachusetts at Maine (Non-League) – Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Alfond Arena)
- UMass is currently tied for second in the nation in power play percentage (32%) and total power-play goals (8) for the season.
- Maine holds a 5-2-3 edge in the last 10 meetings. Maine last defeated UMass 2-0 on Feb. 22, 2013 at the Mullins Center.
Northeastern at St. Lawrence – Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Appleton Arena)
- The Huskies are 4-0-0 on the young season, reaching the mark for the first time since the 1993-94 season. Northeastern is one of five remaining undefeated teams in the nation, and one of four undefeated squads that have played at least four games.
No. 13 New Hampshire at No. 12 Rensselaer (Saturday at Houston Field House)
- Kevin Goumas (Long Beach, N.Y.) is trying to become the 71st Wildcat to go over 100 career points. He is just two points shy at 98 career points (27g,71a) in 109 career games at UNH.
Army at Merrimack (Saturday at Lawler Rink)
- The Warriors were victorious in the last meeting between the two schools, a 4-2 Merrimack win on Dec. 11, 2012.
Vermont vs. Penn State (Saturday at Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Chris McCarthy (Collegeville, Pa.) is the Catamounts' active leading point scorer with 73 points (29g,44a) in 119 career games.