October 31, 2013
Notre Dame faces Vermont in its first-ever Hockey East series
No. 2 Notre Dame at Vermont – Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Gutterson Fieldhouse)
- Notre Dame will play their first-ever Hockey East contest on Friday night. They enter conference play with a 5-1-0 record, having outscored opponents 21-11 on the season.
- Vermont has ten goals through their first three games, and they have had ten different players score those goals.
No. 3 Providence vs. Boston University – Two-Game Series (Fri. at BU, Sat. at PC)
- Friars goalie Jon Gillies (South Portland, Maine), the Stop It Goaltender of the Month for October, enters the weekend with a 3-0-1 record, 1.71 GAA and .950 save percentage.
- The Terriers took last year's season series with Providence, winning two games and tying one. Cason Hohmann (Plymouth, Mich.) and Danny O'Regan (Needham, Mass.) each posted a goal and three assists against the Friars last season.
No. 7 Boston College vs. Northeastern – Two-Game Series (Fri. at BC on NBCSN, Sat. at NU)
- After losing last year's season-opener to NU, the Eagles won their other three matchups with the Huskies by a combined score of 18-6.
- The Huskies had 30 goals through their first 15 games of 2012-13, but they have matched that output in just six games this year.
No. 14 UMass-Lowell vs. New Hampshire – Two-Game Series (Fri. at UML, Sat. at UNH on WBIN)
- The River Hawks look to build off a two-win weekend at Michigan State and Michigan, entering conference play as last year's champions and this year's favorites. Through four starts in net, Connor Hellebuyck (Commerce, Mich.) has a 2-2-0 record with a 1.78 GAA and .939 save percentage.
- UNH will be playing their fifth and sixth straight games against a ranked opponent this weekend. Last year the Wildcats swept UML in the regular season, but the River Hawks were victorious, 2-0, in the NCAA Northeast Regional Final last March.
Maine at Massachusetts – Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Mullins Center)
- The Black Bears beat the Minutemen twice last weekend in non-conference play, 3-2 in overtime and 8-4. Mark Anthoine had three goals and two assists for Maine, and was named Warrior Hockey Player of the Week on Monday for his efforts.
Bentley at Merrimack (Friday at Lawler Rink)
- The Warriors are playing their fourth straight game against an Atlantic Hockey opponent, having split two games with Mercyhurst and beating Army. Mike Collins (Boston, Mass.) had two goals and an assist in MC's Homecoming win over the Black Knights, which brought him to 100 career points (43g,57a) in 114 career games.