November 15, 2013
Notre Dame hosts Merrimack at Compton Family Ice Arena this weekend
Merrimack at No. 3 Notre Dame – Two-Game Series (Fri. on NBCSN, Sat. at Compton Family Ice Arena)
- The Warriors will travel to South Bend, Indiana for just the second time in program history. On Nov. 23 and 25, 1988, Merrimack swept Notre Dame by scores of 3-1 and 4-3 (OT).
- The Irish enter this weekend with the fourth-ranked penalty kill in Division I at 92.2% (47 of 51).
No. 6 Providence at Vermont – Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. on NESN at Gutterson Field House)
- After scoring seven goals in 34 games as a freshman, PC sophomore Mark Jankowski (St. Catherines, Ont.) has six goals in nine games this season.
- UVM's Chris McCarthy (Collegeville, Pa.) has had 62 of his 77 career points (80.5%) come in league play.
Massachuetts at No. 7 Boston College (Friday at Conte Forum)
- The Eagles currently have college hockey's highest-scoring offense, averaging 4.70 goals per game. BC's freshman class has 40.4% of the team's goals so far, accounting for 1.90 goals per game, which is a greater output than three different Division I teams.
- UMass has the ninth-best power play percentage in the country at 25.0%. Fourteen of their 22 goals this season have come with the man advantage.
No. 13 UMass-Lowell at Penn State (Friday at Pegula Ice Arena)
- Sophomore netminder Connor Hellebuyck (Commerce, Mich.) has played 16 non-conference games so far in his collegiate career, and he has a 12-4-0 record with a 1.38 GAA and .954 save percentage, with four shutouts in those games.
Boston University at Maine (Fri. at Alfond Arena on FCS, WVII)
- The Terriers are unbeaten in their last five games played in Orono with a record of 3-0-2 in those games. Maine last won a home game against BU on Nov. 8, 2009. BU owns a 18-6-5 advantage in the series since the beginning of the 2005-06 season.
- Maine netminder Martin Ouellette (St.-Hippolyte, Que.) has a 2.31 GAA and a .921 save percentage this season, after entering the year with a career 2.69 GAA and .903 save percentage.
New Hampshire vs. Northeastern – Two-Game Series (Fri. at NU, Sat. at UNH)
- On Oct. 27, 2012, UNH and NU played to a 0-0 tie at Matthews Arena. Casey DeSmith (Rochester, N.H.) made 34 saves for the Wildcats, while Bryan Mountain (Bryn Mawr, Pa.) made 44 saves in his first career shutout for the Huskies.
- Freshman Mike Szmatula (Commerce, Mich.) has started his collegiate career with a nine-game point streak, with four goals and 11 assists for 15 points to lead Northeastern in scoring.
Connecticut at Boston University (Sunday at Agganis Arena)
- Sunday's tilt will mark the first-ever meeting between BU and UConn, who will be joining Hockey East next season.