November 21, 2013
UMass Lowell hosts Notre Dame this weekend at Tsongas Center
New Hampshire at No. 3 Providence - Two-Game Series (Fri. on Cox, Sat. at Schneider Arena)
- Both Providence and New Hampshire carry five-game winning streaks into Friday night's game.
- With no remaining undefeated teams in college hockey, Providence is one of five teams with just one loss, joining Quinnipiac (11-1-1), Minnesota (8-1-1), St. Cloud State (8-1-1) and Yale (4-1-2).
- PC's Ross Mauermann (Janesville, Wis.) ranks third in the nation with 18 points and his 10 goals are second.
- UNH's Kevin Goumas (Long Beach, N.Y.) has nine points (1g,8a) in 11 career games vs. the Friars, while Casey DeSmith (Rochester, N.H.) owns a 4-3-1 record with a 2.15 GAA and .936 save percentage in nine career starts.
No. 6 Notre Dame at No. 11 UMass Lowell - Two-Game Series (Fri./WBIN, Sat./NESN at Tsongas Center)
- Friday's game will mark the first all-time meeting between the two schools.
- Eight Notre Dame players have played 100+ games in their careers with the Fighting Irish, which is the most of any Hockey East team. Massachusetts is second with six players that having eclipsed the mark.
- UMass Lowell's power play leads league play at 33.3% (5-for-15), while the Fighting Irish penalty kill is best in conference play at 92.9% (13-for-14).
North Dakota at Boston University - Two-Game Series (Fri. on NBCSN, Sat. at Agganis Arena)
- BU is outscoring its opponents in the second period by a 17-7 margin but have scored just nine goals this season in the second and third periods combined. Eight of the Terriers' last 10 goals have come in the middle period.
- Dating back to last season, 10 (5g,5a) of Matt Lane's (Rochester, N.Y.) 14 career points have come in his last 17 games.
Vermont vs. Massachuetts – Two-Game Series (Fri. at UMass, Sun. at UVM)
- The Catamounts are the only Hockey East team that the Minutemen had a winning record against last season, with UMass taking two of three meetings. Branden Gracel (Calgary, Alta.) led the Minutemen with three goals against UVM last year.
- Vermont currently has the sixth best penalty kill in Division I, having successfully killed 47 of 53 penalties (88.7%).
Merrimack vs. Northeastern – Two-Game Series (Fri. at MC, Sat. at NU)
- With four goals and 12 assists for 16 points through 11 games, Northeastern's Mike Szmatula (Commerce, Mich.) leads all Division I freshmen in scoring.
- In his last six games against Northeastern, Merrimack's Mike Collins (Boston, Mass.) has eight points (4g,4a).
No. 7 Boston College at Maine (Saturday on FCS, WVII-TV at Alfond Arena)
- Since Jan. 1, 2012, the Eagles have amassed a 50-17-7 overall record. Four schools have multiple wins against BC during that stretch, while Maine has four, Minnesota, Massachusetts and Boston University each have two.