November 28, 2013
Northeastern travels to Notre Dame for the Shillelagh Tournament
No. 10 Notre Dame/Northeastern at Shillelagh Tournament (Fri., Sat. at Compton Family Ice Arena)
- The Huskies will face Western Michigan on Friday night, with NU senior goalie Clay Witt (Brandon, Fla.) coming off his first career shutout, a 38-save performance against Merrimack last Saturday.
- The Irish open with Alabama-Huntsville, a team they haven't played since Oct. 9-10, 2009, when they split a two-game series in South Bend, Ind.
New Hampshire at Colorado College – Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at World Arena)
- UNH has been averaging 3.20 goals per game this season (16th in Division I), but they have only scored fewer than two goals once through fifteen games– a 1-1 tie with Michigan on Oct. 18.
Maine at Vermont – Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Gutterson Fieldhouse)
- The Black Bears have scored goals in each of their last eight periods played, netting 15 goals over that span against five goals allowed.
- Through his first five Hockey East games, Vermont freshman goalie Mike Santaguida (Mississauga, Ont.) has posted a 3-2-0 record with a 2.01 GAA and a .930 save percentage, as well as a shutout against UMass last Saturday.
Holy Cross at No. 6 Boston College (Friday at Conte Forum)
- Since the start of the 2011-12 season, BC owns a 25-8-2 record in non-league play.
Brown at No. 4 Providence (Saturday at Schneider Arena)
- This will be the 28th edition of the Mayor's Cup between the Bears and Friars, with PC holding a 15-9-3 record in the competition. Last year, Providence defeated Brown 7-0 at Meehan Auditorium.
Massachusetts at No. 5 Quinnipiac (Saturday at TD Bank Sports Center)
- The Minutemen have gone 11-for-30 on the power play in non-conference games this season, and Quinnipiac has the top-ranked penalty kill in Division I (91.9%).
Merrimack at No. 9 Yale (Saturday at Ingalls Rink)
- The Warriors and Bulldogs have not faced each other since Nov. 27, 1998, a 6-3 Merrimack win in North Andover, Mass.
Boston University vs. No. 14 Cornell (Saturday at Madison Square Garden)
- BU and Cornell last faced off at Madison Square Garden on Nov. 26, 2011, when Ross Gaudet scored 2:48 into overtime to give the Terriers a 2-1 win over the Big Red in front of a sellout crowd of 18,200.