November 8, 2013
Boston University hosts Boston College on Friday evening at Agganis Arena
No. 1 Minnesota at No. 3 Notre Dame – Two-Game Series (Fri. on NBCSN, Sat. at Compton Family Ice Arena)
- Since the start of the 2010-11 season, Notre Dame is 15-5-0 in non-conference games on home ice, including wins in six straight home non-conference games.
- The Golden Gophers have not played in South Bend since sweeping Notre Dame the weekend of Feb. 29 and Mar. 1, 1980, when current Minnesota Head Coach Don Lucia was playing defense for Notre Dame.
No. 5 Providence vs. Merrimack – Two-Game Series (Fri. at MC, Sat. at PC on Cox Sports)
- MC senior Mike Collins enters the game with 28 goals and 41 assists for 69 points in 77 career HEA games, making him Hockey East's leading active career scoring leader.
- Providence's average scoring margin of 2.14 goals per game is second only to Minnesota amongst Div. I teams.
No. 8 Boston College at Boston University (Friday at Agganis Arena)
- Since the opening of Agganis Arena in January 2005, Boston College has amassed a 9-3-1 record on their rival's home ice.
- BU captain Garrett Noonan has six goals and two assists for eight points in 11 career games against BC.
Vermont at Maine – Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Alfond Arena)
- Chris McCarthy has 11 points (2g,9a) in his last five games against the Black Bears.
- After averaging 2.03 goals per game last year, Maine is scoring 2.57 goals per game this season through seven contests.
Massachusetts vs. New Hampshire – Two-Game Series (Fri. at UNH on WBIN, FCS; Sat. at UMass)
- Entering this season, UMass goalie Steve Mastalerz had a career 3.13 GAA and .894 save percentage in 27 games. This year, he has posted a 2.16 GAA and a .931 save percentage through eight games.
- Last weekend, UNH senior Kevin Goumas became the fourth active Hockey East skater with 100 career points, joining T.J. Tynan (ND), Johnny Gaudreau (BC), and Mike Collins (MC).
Northeastern at No. 11 UMass Lowell (Saturday at Tsongas Center on WBIN)
- The last time the Huskies and River Hawks met, they played back-to-back overtime games on Jan. 25-26, 2013, with a 4-4 tie on Friday night and a 5-4 UML win on Saturday night. UMass Lowell outshot Northeastern 83-48 over the course of those two games.
Army at No. 8 Boston College – Sun. at Conte Forum
- The Eagles have not lost to an Atlantic Hockey opponent since the conference was formed in 2003.