December 12, 2013
Maine hosts American International for a pair of games this weekend
American International at Maine – Two-Game Series (Fri. on FCS, WFVX, Sat. at Alfond Arena)
- The Black Bears enter this weekend with a 7-1-0 record within the friendly confines of Alfond Arena. On home ice, Maine has outscored opponents 34-14, with goalie Martin Ouellette (St.-Hippolyte, Que.) posting a 1.76 GAA and .941 save percentage. Ouellette, who has played every game in goal this season, has two shutouts in eight home games.
- Maine defenseman Ben Hutton (Prescott, Ont.) has seven goals this season overall, which is three more tallies than any other blueliner in the conference.
Massachusetts at Colgate – Two-Game Series (Sat., Sun. at Starr Rink)
- UMass senior forward Conor Sheary (Melrose, Mass.) is one of two skaters in Hockey East (along with UVM's Chris McCarthy) to have appeared in every one of his team's games this season without taking a penalty. Sheary leads the Minutemen in scoring, with 2-10-12 totals in 17 games.
- The Minutemen and Raiders met in Amherst, Mass. last season, with Colgate coming away with 6-4 and 5-2 wins. UMass forward Adam Phillips (Farmington Hills, Mich.) had two goals and three assists for five points in those two meetings.
Bentley at Boston University (Saturday at Agganis Arena)
- The Terriers are 7-0-1 this season when they score three or more goals, and 0-7-1 when they score two or fewer.
- This will be the first-ever meeting between Bentley and BU.
St. Lawrence at Vermont (Saturday at Gutterson Fieldhouse)
- UVM freshman Mario Puskarich (Fort Walton Beach, Fla.) has had four of his five goals this season come on the power play. He currently leads the Catamounts in goals (5), power play goals (4), and game-winning goals (2).
- Saturday's tilt will be the 87th all-time meeting between former ECAC foes St. Lawrence and Vermont. The Saints hold a 45-38-3 edge in the series, but the Catamounts have a 20-14-2 record against SLU on home ice.