December 27, 2013
Vermont hosts the Catamount Cup at Gutterson Field House this weekend
Boston College vs. Bowling Green (Fri., Sat. at Three Rivers Classic at CONSOL Energy Center)
- Johnny Gaudreau (Carneys Point, N.J.) is the second leading scorer in the country, averaging 1.75 points per game (13g,15a).
Maine vs. Princeton (Sat., Sun. at Florida College Classic at Germain Arena)
- Maine heads to Florida to participate in the Florida College Classic for the 14th straight season. Maine won the tournament for the sixth time in school history last season, defeating Cornell 6-4 in the title game. Maine has an overall record of 15-8-3 in the tournament.
New Hampshire vs. Cornell (Sat., Sun. at Florida College Classic at Germain Arena)
- Senior forward Nick Sorkin (Rockville, Md.) in 11 away/neutral games he has recorded 14 points (8g,6a) in 11 contests (1.27 ppg), while notching only six points (3g,3a) in eight home games (0.75 ppg) at the Whittemore Center this season.
UMass Lowell vs. Canisius (Sat., Sun. at Catamount Cup at Gutterson Fieldhouse)
- The River Hawks own a 7-3-0 record vs. non-league opponents so far this season, including a perfect 4-0 record against Big Ten teams.
Vermont vs. Clarkson (Sat., Sun. at Catamount Cup at Gutterson Fieldhouse)
- UVM won last year's Catamount Cup by defeating Union 2-1 and Princeton 6-3, getting three assists from Chris McCarthy (Collegeville, Pa.).
Massachusetts vs. Quinnipiac (Sun., Mon. at UConn Tournament at Freitas Ice Forum)
- On this weekend last season, UMass won the Ledyard Bank Classic, defeating Bemidji State 4-3 and host Dartmouth 3-2. Branden Garcel (Calgary, Alta.) had a goal and three assists in the tournament to lead the Minutemen.
Northeastern vs. Air Force (Sun., Mon. at Dartmouth Tournament at Thompson Arena)
- Northeastern goaltender Clay Witt (Brandon, Fla.) enters the weekend with a .945 save percentage, good for third in Division I, behind Harvard's Raphael Girard and UMass Lowell's Connor Hellebuyck. Witt owns a 4-0-2 record in the Huskies' last six games with a 1.33 GAA and a.965 save percentage (37.3 save per start).
Providence vs. Dartmouth (Sun., Mon. at Dartmouth Tournament at Thompson Arena)
- Through 17 games, Ross Mauermann (Janesville, Wis.) has already matched his career high for points in a season with 25. On a pace of 1.47 points per game, Mauermann is looking to become the first Friar to average at least a point per game since Jon DiSalvatore, Peter Fregoe, and Devin Rask accomplished the feat during the 2002-03 season.