December 5, 2013
New Hampshire takes on Boston College in a home-and-home weekend series
New Hampshire vs. No. 9 Boston College – Two-Game Series (Fri. at BC, Sat. at UNH on FCS, WBIN)
- BC's Johnny Gaudreau (Carneys Point, N.J.) has recorded at least one point in 13 of the Eagles' 14 games this season. He currently has 12 goals and 13 assists for 25 points on the year.
- Over their last ten games (8-2-0), the Wildcats have scored 4.1 goals per game, while only allowing 1.8 goals per game.
Merrimack vs. Boston University – Two-Game Series (Fri. at MC, Sat. at BU)
- BU sophomore Matt O'Connor (Toronto, Ont.) has started the last four games for the Terriers and owns a 3-0-1 record with a 1.71 GAA and .957 save percentage. He has averaged 39.3 saves over his last four starts.
- Merrimack's penalty kill ranks fifth in conference play at 84.6% (22 for 26).
Massachusetts at No. 11 Notre Dame – Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. on NBCSN at Compton Family Ice Arena)
- With 67 points (16g,51a) in his career, UMass senior defenseman Joel Hanley (Keswick, Ont.) ranks fourth all-time in UMass history among Minutemen blueliners.
- The Fighting Irish have allowed only one goal (of 10 total) in the second period this year in six league contests.
No. 4 Providence at Northeastern (Friday at Matthews Arena)
- NU junior Clay Witt (Brandon, Fla.) owns a 7-3-1 record this season after earning the start in eight of the team's last nine games. Witt's .939 save percentage is sixth in the nation, and he was named the Hockey East Defensive Player of the Week. Witt came into the season with just three career victories for the Huskies.
- Providence sophomore netminder Jon Gillies (South Portland, Maine) is 3-0 all-time vs. the Huskies with a 2.00 GAA and a .937 save percentage.
No. 6 UMass Lowell at Maine (Sunday at Alfond Arena on FCS, WVII)
- Maine goalie Martin Ouellette (St.-Hippolyte, Que.) and UMass Lowell netminder Connor Hellebuyck (Commerce, Mich.) are first and second, respectively, in save percentage among Hockey East goalies. Ouellette sits in first with a .956 save percentage in league play, while Hellebuyck is close behind with a mark of .948.