January 16, 2014
Boston College hosts Boston University Friday night on NESN
Boston University at #3 Boston College — Friday Night (NESN)
- Together for the last seven games (6-0-1 record), BC's line of Johnny Gaurdreau (Carneys Point, N.J.), Bill Arnold (Needham, Mass.) and Kevin Hayes (Dorchester, Mass.) have combined for 16 goals and 24 assists totalling 40 points, as well as a plus-40 rating.
Maine at #10 UMass Lowell — Friday Night
- UML's 4-1 loss to Northeastern at Frozen Fenway was the first of fourteen straight Hockey East games for the River Hawks, who finished non-conference play with a 10-3-1 record and plus-19 goal differential.
Vermont at #11 Northeastern – Friday night
- Northeastern has dressed nine freshman skaters this season, and they have combined for 25 goals and 63 assists totalling 88 points, making them the highest-scoring freshman class in the nation.
Maine at #3 Boston College – Saturday night
- Maine sopomore forward Devin Shore (Ajax, Ont.) is one of only three players in Division I with both three power play goals and three shorthanded goals this season, along with Miami's Riley Barber and Mercyhurst's Matthew Zay.
Boston University at #10 UMass Lowell – Saturday night (WBIN)
- Junior forward Cason Hohmann (Plymouth, Mich.) has scored a goal in three straight games for the Terriers entering this weekend.
Merrimack at/vs. #5 Quinnipiac – Two-Game Series (Friday and Saturday night)
- Last Saturday, MC junior goaltender Rasmus Tirronen (Espoo, Finland) posted 34 saves in recording the Warriors' first road shutout since Joe Cannata on Dec. 31, 2011 against Holy Cross.
#6 Union at New Hampshire – Two-Game Series (Friday and Saturday night)
- UNH junior forward Matt Willows (Congers, N.Y.) has six goals in his last four games, including game-winners against Princeton (Dec. 29) and Nebraska-Omaha (Jan. 4).
Lake Superior State at Notre Dame – Two-Game Series (Friday, on NBCSN, and Saturday night) Fighting Irish Head Coach Jeff Jackson spent six seasons behind the bench for the Lakers from 1990 to 1996, accumulating a 182-52-25 record. In his six years at LSSU, Jackson's team went to the NCAA Tournament every season, winning four conference titles along the way as well as two national championships.
#7 Providence at Colorado College – Two-Game Series (Friday and Saturday night)
- PC junior forward Ross Mauermann (Janesville, Wisc.) is slated to play in his 100th career game on Saturday, with 36 goals and 42 assists for 78 points in his first 98 ganes. This year, he's the first Friar to have 29 points in a season since Jon Rheault had 31 in 2007-08.
Vermont at #11 Northeastern (NL) – Saturday night
- UVM won all three meetings with NU last year, getting four goals from forward Chris McCarthy (Collegeville, Pa.).