January 30, 2014
Providence hosts Boston College on Friday night at Schneider Arena
Boston College at Providence – Friday at Schneider Arena
- BC senior captain Patrick Brown (Bloomfield Hills, Mich.) has 14 points (6 goals, 8 assists) in 25 games this season, after starting the year with 13 points (6 goals, 7 assists) in 80 career games.
- The Friars reached 15 wins in their 25th game, marking the quickest the team has reached 15 wins since 1991-92 (22 games).
Merrimack vs. UMass Lowell – Two-Game Series (Friday at Tsongas Center, Saturday at Lawler Rink)
- Warriors senior forward Mike Collins (Boston, Mass.) is one goal shy of becoming the 32nd player in program history to record 50 career goals.
- UML netminders Doug Carr (Hanover, Mass.) and Connor Hellebuyck (Commerce, Mich.) both rank in the top ten nationally in both goals against average and save percentage. Carr has a 1.80 GAA (2nd) and .934 save percentage (6th), while Hellebuyck has a 1.87 GAA (4th) and .939 save percentage (2nd).
Notre Dame at New Hampshire – Two-Game Series (Friday and Saturday at Whittemore Center)
- Irish senior forward T.J. Tynan (Orland Park, Ill.), who is playing in his 150th career game on Friday, currently sits 15th on the Notre Dame all-time career scoring list with 51 goals and 97 assists for 148 points. Tynan and Erik Condra (2005-09) are the only players in Notre Dame's top 15 career scorers to have played after 1996.
- Three of UNH's top six scorers this season are defensemen. Junior Trevor van Riemsdyk (Middletown, N.J.) has four goals and 19 assists for 23 points, senior Eric Knodel (West Chester, Pa.) has 6-14-20 totals, and senior Justin Agosta (East Meadow, N.Y.) has 4-13-17 totals.
Boston University at Massachusetts – Friday at Mullins Center
- In David Quinn's head coaching debut for BU back on Oct. 11, the Terriers took down the Minutemen 3-1, thanks in part to three assists from Ahti Oksanen (Kirkkonummi, Finland) and 39 saves from Sean Maguire (Powell River, B.C.).
- UMass junior goalie Steve Mastalerz (North Androver, Mass.) has now appeared in 50 collegiate games in his career, amassing a 15-27-3 record, to go along with a 2.91 GAA and .903 save percentage.