February 13, 2014
Notre Dame travels to Providence for a two-game set against the Friars
Notre Dame at #9 Providence – Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Schneider Arena)
- The Friars, with a record of 15-8-5, have now won at least 15 games in consecutive seasons for the first time since 2002-04.
- Saturday night's triumph over Maine was the 50th career win for Notre Dame senior goaltender Steven Summerhays (Anchorage, Alaska).
#1 Boston College at #14 Vermont – Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Gutterson Field House)
- BC's Johnny Gaudreau (Carneys Point, N.J.) is currently averaging 2.00 points per game, with 25 goals and 33 assists for 58 points in 29 games. The last men's Division I player to finish the season averaging 2.00 PPG or better was UNH's Jason Krog in 1998-99, when he had 34 goals and 41 assists for 85 points in 41 games (2.07 PPG).
- The Catamounts are 14-3-2 when leading scorer Chris McCarthy (Collegeville, Pa.) records a point, but just 1-6-1 when he is kept off the scoresheet. McCarthy has 14 goals and 17 assists on the year.
Boston University vs. New Hampshire – Two-Game Series (Fri. at UNH, Sat. at BU)
- The Wildcats are currently the least-penalized team in the nation, being assessed an average of just 7.4 penalty minutes per game. UNH has had 131 power play opportunities this season, while only having to kill off 94 opponents' power plays.
- After finishing fourth in last year's Beanpot, the Terriers closed out their season going 8-4-1 in their final 13 games and making it all the way to the Hockey East Championship.
Merrimack at Maine – Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Alfond Arena)
- The Warriors and Black Bears played three-in-a-row last season from Jan. 12-19, with Merrimack going 2-0-1 in those games, outscoring Maine 10-3. MC's Mike Collins (Boston, Mass.) had two goals and four assists for six points against the Black Bears last year.
- Senior goalie Martin Ouellette (St.-Hippolyte, Que.) has started 25 of Maine's 26 games this season, including each of the last ten games. Ouellette has been in goal for 93.4% of Maine's minutes.
Massachusetts at #7 UMass Lowell – Friday at Tsongas Center
- UML Head Coach Norm Bazin has an unblemished 8-0-0 record against the Minutemen since becoming coach of the River Hawks in 2011.
#12 Northeastern at Massachusetts – Saturday at Mullins Center
- If he starts both Friday and Saturday night, UMass junior goalie Steve Mastalerz (North Andover, Mass.) will make his 50th collegiate start in Saturday night's tilt against the Huskies.
- Northeastern's average scoring margin this season is +0.62, despite being outshot by an average of 5.6 shots per game by their opponents.