February 20, 2014
UMass Lowell faces Boston College in a home-and-home series
#1 Boston College vs. #7 UMass Lowell – Two-Game Series (Fri. at BC, Sat. at UML)
- BC freshman goalie Thatcher Demko (San Diego, Calif.) is the only qualifying rookie netminder in the nation with a goals against average under 2.00, with a mark of 1.85. His .932 save percentage is second only to Ohio State's Christian Frey among freshmen.
- The River Hawks' two goalies, senior Doug Carr (Hanover, Mass.) and sophomore Connor Hellebuyck (Commerce, Mich.), are first and second in the nation in goals against average. Carr has a GAA of 1.80 and is fourth nationally in save percentage (.934), while Hellebuyck has a GAA of 1.84 and has Division I's second-best save percentage (.940).
#15 Maine at #9 Northeastern – Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Matthews Arena)
- Maine sophomore defenseman Ben Hutton (Prescott, Ont.) is first in the nation among blueliners in goals (11) and power play goals (7).
- Currently, the Huskies have two skaters averaging a point-per-game or better- Kevin Roy (Lac-Beauport, Que.) and Mike Szmatula (Commerce, Mich.). NU has not finished a season with two point-per-game players since the 2004-05 season (Jason Guerriero and Mike Morris).
#12 Providence vs. Massachusetts – Two-Game Series (Fri. at PC, Sat. at UMass)
- The Friars are 5-1-3 against UMass since the start of the 2010-11 season, outscoring the Minutemen 31-28 over those nine games.
- UMass freshman center Steven Iacobellis (Port Coquitlam, B.C.) has taken 30.9% of his team's faceoffs this season, and he's won 56% of them.
Boston University at Notre Dame – Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Compton Family Ice Arena)
- BU defenseman Ahti Oksanen (Kirkkonummi, Finland) has recorded a point on 14 of the Terriers' 24 power-play goals this season.
- The Irish close out their regular season home schedule this weekend, having gone 13-5-1 so far this season at Compton Family Ice Arena. Freshman forward Vince Hinostroza (Bartlett, Ill.) leads Notre Dame in home scoring, with six goals and 16 assists for 22 points in 15 games, and sophomore Mario Lucia (Plymouth, Minn.) has scored 11 of his 15 goals this season at home.
Vermont at Merrimack – Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Lawler Rink)
- The Catamounts have held opponents to just 26.5 shots per game in conference play, the lowest mark in Hockey East, and they have also averaged a league-high shot differential of plus-6.1 shots per game.
- Last weekend at Maine, senior forward Mike Collins (Boston, Mass.) became the 18th player in Merrimack program history to record 50 career goals and 100 career assists.