February 27, 2014
Maine hosts Providence for two games to end the regular season
#12 Providence at Maine – Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Alfond Arena)
- If PC gets a win or tie on Friday night, they will have their first four-game unbreaten streak against the Black Bears since winning eight-in-a-row from 1981-84.
- Maine sophomore defenseman Ben Hutton (Prescott, Ont.) has 13 goals this season, which ties the school record for goals in a season by a defenseman. The three other blueliners to post 13 goals in a year for Maine are Dwight Montgomery (1979-80), current New York Islanders Head Coach Jack Capuano (1987-88), and Jeff Tory (1994-95).
#8 UMass Lowell at Vermont – Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Gutterson Field House)
- Every skater that has appeared in at least five games for UML this season averages a shot-on-goal per game or better. The River Hawks and Minnesota are the only teams in Division I with that distinction.
- Vermont freshman forward Mario Puskarich (Fort Walton Beach, Fla.) is the only rookie in the country with five game-winning goals this season. Overall he leads the Catamounts in goal scoring, with 17 tallies.
#9 Northeastern vs. Boston University – Two-Game Series (Fri. at BU, Sat. at NU)
- With the season winding down, NU goalie Clay Witt (Brandon, Fla.) is closing in on setting single-season school records for GAA and save percentage set by Brad Thiessen in 2008-09 (2.40, .931). Witt currently has a GAA of 2.17 and a save percentage of .940. In addition, his 16 wins are tied for the fourth-best season by an NU goalie, and his four shutouts are tied for third.
- The Terriers and Huskies are playing a home-and-home to close out the regular season for the fifth straight year. Including this weekend, these teams will have met 19 times over the past five seasons, with BU holding a 10-7-0 edge in the 17 games played thus far.
New Hampshire at Merrimack – Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Lawler Rink)
- Entering this season, UNH junior forward Matt Willows (Congers, N.Y.) had eight goals and eight assists for 16 points in 49 career games. This year, he has a team-high 18 goals, including two hat tricks, as well as 15 assists for 33 points in 34 games.
- Merrimack senior forward Mike Collins (Boston, Mass.) has five goals and five assists for ten points in ten career games against UNH, inlcuding a pair of multi-point performances last season.
Notre Dame at #1 Boston College – Saturday at Conte Forum
- Irish senior goalie Steven Summerhays (Anchorage, Alaska) is just three minutes and eight seconds away from tying David Brown's school record for a shutout streak (193:27, set in 2002-03). He has helped ND record three straight shutouts for the first time in program history.
- The Boston College senior class – Isaac MacLeod (Nelson, B.C.), Kevin Hayes (Dorchester, Mass.), Bill Arnold (Needham, Mass.) and Patrick Brown (Bloomfield Hills, Mich.) – has a record of 110-34-10 at BC (.747 win percentage), including a 46-10-5 mark at Conte Forum (.795 win percentage).