February 6, 2014
Maine visits Notre Dame for two games this weekend on NBCSN
Merrimack at #2 Boston College – Friday at Conte Forum
- Since becoming linemates in early December, BC's Johnny Gaudreau (Carneys Point, N.J.), Bill Arnold (Needham, Mass.) and Kevin Hayes (Dorchester, Mass.) have combined to produce 29 goals during the Eagles' current 12-0-1 unbeaten streak, while BC has held opponents to just 23 combined goals during that stretch.
- Merrimack has lost their last two meetings against Boston College, with their last win coming on Feb. 15, 2013, when Connor Toomey (Billerica, Mass.) scored with 31 seconds left in overtime to lift MC to a 2-1 win.
Massachusetts at #11 Northeastern – Friday at Matthews Arena
- NU redshirt junior goalie Clay Witt currently leads Division I in save percentage, with a mark of .945. His 1.94 GAA is also good for seventh nationally, and he is tied for second with four shutouts.
#7 UMass Lowell at Boston University – Friday at Agganis Arena
- BU sophomore goalie Matt O'Connor (Toronto, Ont.) has made at least 30 saves in ten of his 16 starts this season, and he is averaging 34.97 saves per 60 minutes.
Vermont at New Hampshire – Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Whittemore Center)
- UVM junior defenseman Michael Paliotta (Westport, Conn.) has 16 assists in 25 games this season, after entering the year with 15 assists in 65 career games.
- The Wildcats went 2-0-1 against Vermont last season, with Kevin Goumas (Long Beach, N.Y.) recording five assists in three games against the Catamounts.
Maine at Notre Dame – Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Compton Family Ice Arena)
- Maine goalie Martin Ouellette (St.-Hippolyte, Que.) is the only netminder in Hockey East to have played at least 90% of his team's minutes so far this season. He has played 1355:07 out of a possible 1458:27, earning 92.9% of playing time in goal.
- The Irish have gone 12-4-1 in 17 home games so far this season, outscoring opponents 67-34 at Compton Family Ice Arena.
#7 UMass Lowell at Massachusetts – Saturday at Mullins Center
- UML has scored 39 goals in 13 Hockey East games this season, and those goals have come from 20 different skaters. Joseph Pendenza (Wilmington, Mass.) leads the River Hawks with six goals in league play in 2013-14.
- UMass junior goalie Steve Mastalerz (North Andover, Mass.) has started 15 consecutive games for the Minutemen heading into this weekend.