Junior forward Adam Reid scored a goal for the Huskies

CANTON, N.Y. - St. Lawrence went 3-of-7 on the power play and used a three-goal first period to set the tone in a 6-4 victory against the No. 20 Northeastern men's ice hockey team (5-1-0) on Saturday night at Appleton Arena.

NU received goals from four different skaters, including a goal and an assist from senior Braden Pimm. Adam Reid, John Stevens and Zach Aston-Reese also scored for the Huskies, who were outshot 31-24 in the game and went 1-of-5 on the power play.

NU came out of the gates flying, pressuring the Saint defense and drawing a pair of minor penalties on the Saints within the opening eight minutes of the stanza. St. Lawrence, however, responded by scoring three goals in less than three minutes to take a 3-1 lead into the locker room.

During the second Northeastern power play of the frame, SLU stole the momentum when Reid fired a pass from the right post across the crease to Dalen Hedges. Hedges tried to bury it into the open net, but Parks recovered quickly to go post-to-post to rob the freshman forward.

After the save, St. Lawrence took a 1-0 lead when Matt Carey netted his third goal of the season when he took a feed from Chris Martin, spun around and fired a shot through traffic that beat Roy short side.

NU answered 23 seconds later to level the score at one on Reid's second goal of the season. After hard work behind the cage by Mike McMurtry and Hedges, the puck popped out in front of the net, where Reid snuck it past Parks for the score.

Justin Baker would give the Saints a 2-1 advantage with 8:36 left in the period on his first goal of the season when he fired a shot under the glove of Roy from atop the right faceoff dot.

With the Huskies attempting to kill off a five-on-three penalty situation, SLU went up by two 1:36 after the Baker tally when Greg Carey redirected a pass from Baker through the legs of Roy for Carey's third goal of the season.

Each team potted a pair of goals during a wild second period, with the Saints holding a 14-5 edge in shots on goal. SLU converted on two power plays during the middle frame to take a three-goal lead, but a goal from Pimm with 8.2 seconds left in the stanza brought it back to two.

Stevens cut the Northeastern deficit to 3-2 with 8:05 left in the frame when he pounded home a pass from Pimm for his second goal of the season. After a skirmish in front of the SLU goal, Matt Benning was sent off for hitting after the whistle, and that's when St. Lawrence went back up by two on a goal from Jeremy Wick. After taking a pass from Greg Carey, Matt Cary flew down the right side of the ice before threading a pass across the zone to Wick, who one-timed it home for his second of the season.

The Saints extended their lead to 5-2 with 2:12 left in the period on their third power play tally of the evening, this one coming from Matt Carey. With an NU defender without a stick in their own end, St. Lawrence took advantage of the situation when Baker fed Carey with a pass down low, beating Roy for the score.

Northeastern was awarded a five-on-three power play late in the period, and Pimm made it a 5-3 game with his sixth goal of the season with less than 10 seconds to play in the frame, taking a pass from Roy to beat Parks backdoor.

The Huskies controlled the play for much of the third period, outshooting SLU 14-8 and looking for two goals to tie the game. NU pulled Roy in favor of the extra skater with a little more than two minutes left in regulation and NU on the power play, but Patrick Doherty netted an empty netter to make it a 6-3 game before Aston-Reese brought it to 6-4 with a goal with 1:00 remaining.

The Huskies will be back in action next weekend for a home-and-home set with No. 5 Boston College, beginning on Friday night at Conte Forum. Puck drop is scheduled for 8 p.m. in front of a national television audience on NBCSN.