|1st||11:43||QUI||1-0||EV||Tommy Schutt (5)||Chase Priskie/15, Landon Smith/10|
|1st||19:16||NOE||1-1||PP||Sam Kurker (2)||Mike McMurtry/7|
|1st||19:47||QUI||2-1||EV||Scott Davidson (4)||Landon Smith/11, Alex Miner-Barron/2|
|2nd||17:37||NOE||2-2||PP||Adam Gaudette (4)||Mike McMurtry/8, Matt Benning/5|
|3rd||3:49||NOE||3-2||EV||John Stevens (5)||Nolan Stevens/7, Zach Aston-Reese/11|
|3rd||17:16||QUI||3-3||PP EA GT||Sam Anas (12)||Devon Toews/9, Travis St. Denis/13|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||OT||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Michael Garteig (T, 17-1-3)||64:21||3||5||8||9||2||24|
|Ryan Ruck (T, 1-9-3)||65:00||3||4||8||8||0||20|
BOSTON, Mass. - The Northeastern men's ice hockey team (3-12-4) received goals from three different scorers, and led 3-2 in the third period before a late power play goal gave No. 3/2 Quinnipiac (17-1-3) a 3-3 tie against the Huskies on Saturday night at Matthews Arena.
Sam Kurker, Adam Gaudette and John Stevens all scored for Northeastern, which was 2-of-5 on the power play on the night, while Ryan Ruck made 20 saves in goal. Quinnipiac received goals from Tommy Schutt, Scott Davidson and Sam Anas, who tied the game with 2:44 left in regulation, along with 24 stops from Michael Garteig.
NU outshot the Bobcats 27-23 in the game, while Quinnipiac won 34-of-57 face-offs and was 1-of-5 on the man advantage.
- The Bobcats drew first blood with 8:17 remaining in the period as Tommy Schutt netted his fifth goal of the year. After Landon Smith hit Chase Priskie with a pass at the point, Priskie fired a shot on towards that Ruck got a pad on, but Schutt was there to pound home the rebound and put QU up 1-0.
- Northeastern struck back to tie the game at one with 44 seconds left in the period on Kurker's second goal of the year. With NU moving the puck around the zone on the power play, Mike McMurtry won a puck battle in the corner and quickly dished it out to Kurker on the doorstep, who beat Garteig five-hole.
- The Bobcats fired right back, however, and took a 2-1 edge just 21 seconds after the Kurker tally on Scott Davidson's fourth of the year, beating Ruck five-hole off a pass from Landon Smith.
- Gaudette leveled the score at two with 2:23 left in the period and he rocketed home his fourth goal of the season with the Huskies on the power play. After Matt Benning dropped the puck to Gaudette in the neutral zone, Gaudette hit McMurtry with a pass entering the attacking zone. McMurtry then waited for Gaudette to cut to the far post and returned the puck, and Gaudette ripped a shot top corner over the glove of Garteig.
- John Stevens gave Northeastern its first lead of the night with 16:11 left in regulation when he notched his fifth goal of the season when he took a pass from Nolan Stevens in the slot and hammered a one timer past Garteig to make it 3-2 Huskies.
- Sam Anas made it a 3-3 hockey game with 2:44 remaining in regulation when the Bobcats capitalized on a power play opportunity. Travis St. Denis sent the puck down to Devon Toews at the right dot, just out of the reach of a Northeastern defender. Toews then slid the puck across the slot to Anas at the left post for his 12th goal of the year.
Stats of the game:
- Northeastern is now 1-2-1 all-time against Quinnipiac
- McMurtry extended his point streak to three games (one goal, four assists), while Zach Aston-Reese extended his streak to a career-long six games (four goals, four assists).
The road ahead:
- The Huskies will be back in action on Friday night when Northeastern travels to Canton, New York for the first of two games at St. Lawrence. Puck drop is slated for 7 p.m.