|1st||18:44||MNE||1-0||PP||Nolan Vesey (7)||Blaine Byron/14, Cam Brown/23|
|2nd||18:28||BU||1-1||EV||Clayton Keller (9)||Brandon Hickey/8, Bobo Carpenter/10|
|3rd||12:10||BU||2-1||PP GW||Bobo Carpenter (7)||Dante Fabbro/6, Chad Krys/4|
|3rd||14:00||BU||3-1||PP||Jordan Greenway (7)||Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson/13, Clayton Keller/11|
|3rd||15:08||BU||4-1||EV||Nikolas Olsson (3)||Ryan Cloonan/2, Nick Roberto/6|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Boston University (15-5-2)||2/7||5/10||0|
|Rob McGovern (L, 7-8-3)||60:00||4||10||10||17||37|
|Boston University Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Jake Oettinger (W, 12-5-2)||59:55||1||5||4||4||13|
BOSTON - The No. 3/4 Boston University men's ice hockey team scored three goals in under three minutes late in regulation to break a deadlock and post a 4-1 victory over Maine on Friday evening at Agganis Arena. The result pushed the Terriers' win streak to seven games.
Final Score: #3/4 Boston University 4, Maine 1
Records: BU (15-5-2, 8-2-2 Hockey East), Maine (8-12-3, 2-8-1 Hockey East)
Location: Agganis Arena - Boston, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Maine scored late in the opening period on a power play and kept the Terriers off the board until freshman Clayton Keller made it a 1-1 contest at 18:28 of the second.
- With just under eight minutes left in regulation, sophomore Bobo Carpenter scored the game winner off a one-timer above the left circle on a power play.
- Sophomore Jordan Greenway added another power-play marker at the 16-minute mark and junior Nikolas Olsson made it a 4-1 contest just over a minute later with a tally at the goalmouth.
- The Black Bears' lone goal came after an attempt from the left point by Blaine Byron went off a BU stick and then bounced off the stick of Nolan Vesey and in with the visitors skating on a man advantage.
- The Terriers allowed a season-low 14 shots and recorded 41 of their own.
- BU is now 9-1-1 over its past 11 games and owner of a seven-game win streak.
- The Terriers have gone three full games without allowing an even-strength goal.
- Keller extended his point streak to nine games (6g, 9a) while Greenway pushed his to seven (1g, 7a).
- Freshman Jake Oettinger picked up the win in goal with a 13-save performance.
- Rob McGovern turned aside 37 BU shots in the Maine net.
- BU went 2-of-7 on the power play and killed off two of Maine's three chances.
- The Terriers and Black Bears now head north for the back half the weekend home-and-home series in Orono.
- Game time at Alfond Arena is set for 7:30 p.m. It will be broadcast live on Fox Sports Atlantic.