|1st||7:48||BU||1-0||PP GW||Jordan Greenway (2)||Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson/3, Clayton Keller/2|
|1st||8:08||BU||2-0||EV||Clayton Keller (3)||Jordan Greenway/1, Patrick Harper/4|
|3rd||5:51||BU||3-0||PP||Kieffer Bellows (2)||Charlie McAvoy/3, Chad Krys/1|
|3rd||10:02||BU||4-0||EV||Chad Krys (1)||Nick Roberto/1|
|3rd||15:03||BU||5-0||PP||Dante Fabbro (1)||Jordan Greenway/2, Patrick Harper/5|
|3rd||15:46||BU||6-0||EV||Nick Roberto (2)||John MacLeod/1|
|3rd||18:27||BU||7-0||SH||Bobo Carpenter (1)||Nick Roberto/2, John MacLeod/2|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Sacred Heart (1-3-1)||0/9||12/24||0|
|Boston University (2-2-0)||3/9||13/26||1|
|Sacred Heart Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Brett Magnus (L, 1-3-1)||55:46||6||12||13||6||31|
|Boston University Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Jake Oettinger (W, 2-2-0)||59:01||0||4||12||8||24|
BOSTON - The No. 8 Boston University men's ice hockey team had a triumphant home opener on Friday evening at Agganis Arena, blanking Sacred Heart by a score of 7-0 in the first-ever meeting between the two schools.
Final Score: #8 Boston University 7, Sacred Heart 0
Records: BU (2-2-0), Sacred Heart (1-3-1)
Location: Agganis Arena - Boston, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Boston University opened the scoring with goals 20 seconds apart in the first period before tacking on five more in the final stanza to create the 7-0 final.
- Freshman Jake Oettinger made 24 saves to earn his first collegiate shutout while two other rookies, defensemen Dante Fabbro and Chad Krys, picked up their first goals as Terriers.
- Sophomore Jordan Greenway earned first-star honors, scoring the game's first goal at the 7:48 mark before earning the primary assist on freshman Clayton Keller's tally 20 seconds later. Greenway added an assist in the third to match his career high in points.
- Senior Nick Roberto also equaled his career-best outing, recording a goal and two assists.
- Freshman Kieffer Bellows also found the back of the net while sophomore Bobo Carpenter capped the night with a shorthanded marker with 1:33 to play.
- Freshman Patrick Harper and junior John MacLeod each notched a pair of assists.
- This was BU's most decisive shutout victory since an 8-0 rout at Providence on Jan. 21, 2012.
- The Terriers held a 41-23 shot advantage and went 3-of-9 on the power play while killing off all nine of Sacred Heart's opportunities with the man advantage.
- Harper has at least one point in all four games to start his career and has a team-best seven points on two goals and five assists.
- Five Terriers recorded at least four shots on the night with Keller leading the way with seven.
- The Terriers will continue a home weekend on Saturday (Oct. 22) when No. 4/3 Quinnipiac makes its first visit to Agganis Arena.
- The teams met for the first time last season in a 4-1 BU victory at Quinnipiac.
- The game starts at 7 p.m. and will be broadcast live on TerrierTV (GoTerriers.com/TerrierTV).