|1st||3:37||BU||1-0||EV||Clayton Keller (13)||Dante Fabbro/7, Brandon Hickey/9|
|1st||14:40||BU||2-0||EV GW||Dante Fabbro (4)||Clayton Keller/15, Chad Krys/5|
|2nd||9:05||UMA||1-2||PP||Ray Pigozzi (6)||Shane Bear/5, Steven Iacobellis/10|
|3rd||10:24||BU||3-1||EV||Bobo Carpenter (10)||Clayton Keller/16, Jordan Greenway/17|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Boston University (18-7-2)||0/7||7/14||0|
|Ryan Wischow (L, 4-15-2)||59:45||3||20||7||15||42|
|Boston University Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Jake Oettinger (W, 15-6-2)||59:35||1||8||9||11||28|
BOSTON, Mass. - Freshman Clayton Keller had a hand in all three goals, scoring his team-leading 13th tally of the season and adding two assists to push the No. 3/3 Boston University men's ice hockey team to a 3-1 victory over Massachusetts on Friday evening at Agganis Arena.
Final Score: #3/3 Boston University 3, Massachusetts 1
Records: BU (18-7-2, 11-4-2 Hockey East), Massachusetts (5-21-2, 2-13-1 Hockey East)
Location: Agganis Arena - Boston, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Terriers earned a wire-to-wire victory, scoring two goals in the opening period before adding an insurance goal in the third to pick up their 18th win of the season.
- Freshman Clayton Keller opened the scoring 3:37 into the contest off a feed from classmate Dante Fabbro and then returned the favor later in the period, setting a Fabbro tally to push the lead the 2-0.
- The visitors got one back with the only goal of the middle stanza as Ray Pigozzi redirected a shot to the net on a power play at 9:05.
- BU regained a two-goal edge for good with 9:36 left in regulation when Keller found sophomore Bobo Carpenter with a cross-slot pass that he buried for his 10th goal of the year.
- Keller's tally was his team-leading 13th of the year and came from the high portion of the right slot as his effort got through traffic to beat UMass netminder Ryan Wischow.
- Fabbro's goal, which occurred with 5:20 left the opening period, was from nearly the same location as Keller's. The defenseman earned his fourth marker of his rookie year.
- Freshman goaltender Jake Oettinger turned in yet another strong performance, totaling 28 saves and keeping the visitors off the board in even-strength play.
- Keller extended his point streak to 14 games (10g, 14a), which matches Jack Eichel's longest streak and is the longest by a Terrier since Jay Pandolfo put together a 15-game streak during the 1995-96 season.
- The Terriers held a 45-26 shot advantage with 19 of their shots coming on the power play.
- BU went 0-for-7 with the man advantage and killed off five of the Minutemen's six chances on the power play.
- Fabbro also recorded a game-best three blocked shots.
- The Terriers are 10-2-0 in their past 12 contests.
- Junior Brandon Hickey, sophomore Jordan Greenway and freshman Chad Krys each earned one assist on the night.
- The Terriers now focus their attention on the 65th Beanpot, where they will face No. 8/8 Boston College in the second semifinal on Monday (Feb. 6) at TD Garden.
- The game will be broadcast live on NESN and is set to start at 8 p.m.