|1st||1:26||BU||1-0||EV GW||Shane Bowers (5)||Patrick Harper/9, Logan Cockerill/2|
|2nd||4:27||BU||2-0||EV||Jordan Greenway (4)||Chad Krys/7, Hank Crone/2|
|2nd||13:46||BU||3-0||EV EA||Hank Crone (1)||Chad Krys/8, Dante Fabbro/4|
|2nd||19:17||BU||4-0||EV||Brady Tkachuk (1)||Kasper Kotkansalo/2, Bobo Carpenter/4|
|3rd||11:00||BU||5-0||EV||Bobo Carpenter (8)||Jordan Greenway/6, Chad Krys/9|
|3rd||11:22||BU||6-0||EV||Shane Bowers (6)||Cam Crotty/1|
|3rd||19:24||BU||7-0||PP||Logan Cockerill (2)||Jake Witkowski/1|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Boston University (6-7-1)||1/4||8/32||0|
|Boston University Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Jake Oettinger (W, 5-6-1)||59:49||0||10||7||13||30|
|Rob McGovern (L, 1-4-0)||51:22||6||10||10||5||25|
PORTLAND, Maine - The No. 18 Boston University men's ice hockey team quickly rebounded from its Friday loss to earn a 7-0 victory over Maine on Saturday evening at Cross Insurance Arena.
Freshman Shane Bowers scored two goals, including the opening tally just 86 seconds into the game, and classmates Hank Crone and Brady Tkachuk recorded their first collegiate goals to help the Terriers improve to 6-7-1 overall and 4-4-1 in Hockey East play.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Terriers took an early lead and never turned back, adding three goals in each of the final two periods while sophomore Jake Oettinger recorded a 30-save shutout.
- Bowers sent home a pass from sophomore Patrick Harper just 1:26 after the opening faceoff to start what would be the Terriers' largest offensive output of the season.
- Junior Jordan Greenway pushed the lead to 2-0 at 4:27 of the second before Crone and Tkachuk tacked on their first goals as Terriers later in the period.
- Junior Bobo Carpenter and Bowers scored 22 seconds apart midway through the third before freshman Logan Cockerill capped the night with a power-play goal with 36 seconds left in regulation.
- Sophomore Chad Krys earned a career-best three assists.
- Cockerill added an assist for his second two-point game in as many nights.
- Crone, Carpenter and Greenway also picked up assists to secure multi-point performances.
- Freshman Jake Witkowski assisted on Cockerill's goal and fellow rookie Cam Crotty got a helper on Bowers' second tally to earn their first collegiate points.
- Carpenter upped his team-best goal total to eight.
- It was the Terriers' most lopsided shutout victory since a 7-0 win over Sacred Heart in last season's home opener.
- BU blanked its opponent for the third time in six games and it marked Oettinger's second shutout of the season and sixth of his career.
- BU held a 35-30 shot advantage and went 1-of-4 on the power play while killing off both of Maine's chances with the man advantage.
- Rob McGovern made 25 saves on 31 shots in goal for the Black Bears before Stephen Mundinger played the final 8:38 and stopped three of the four shots he faced.
- BU will return to action next Saturday (Nov. 25) when it heads to New York City for the sixth edition of Red Hot Hockey against Cornell at Madison Square Garden.
- Game time is set for 8 p.m.