~Maine plays pair at Niagara; UVM hosts Yale; PC entertains Princeton, RPI~
UConn heads west to face-off against the defending national champion UMD Bulldogs this weekend
Maine at Niagara - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat.)
- Sophomore Brittany Dougherty ranks third in the league in scoring with 10 points (5g).
- These teams have not played since the '02-'03 season, a 3-2 Maine loss at Niagara.
- Maine's 27.5% conversion rate on the power play ranks first in the conference this season.
Clarkson (Fri.), St. Lawrence (Sat.) at New Hampshire (at the Whittemore Center)
- New Hampshire is 3-1-1 in their last five against St. Lawrence.
- UNH is a perfect 30-for-30 on the penalty kill this season, which is best among WHEA teams.
- Freshman Arielle O'Neill ranks third in the league among rookie scorers with six points (4g).
St. Lawrence (Fri.), Clarkson (Sat.) at No. 5 Boston University (at Walter Brown Arena)
- Freshman forward Marie-Philip Poulin ranks second in the nation in points per game (2.60) and her 13 points
is third best among Div. I skaters.
- BU's 5.40 goals per game on offense ranks third nationally.
- The Terriers and Saints have tied the last two meetings in the all-time series.
Rensselaer (Fri.), Princeton (Sat.) at Providence (at Schneider Arena)
- PC's Jennifer Friedman is tied for the team lead in points with nine as a defenseman and enters the weekend
games with a three game assist and point streak.
- After being held scoreless in the opening game, Kate Bacon is riding a currentfive-game point streak.
Princeton (Fri.), Rensselaer (Sun.) at Northeastern (at Matthews Arena)
- NU sophomore forward Rachel Llanes has recorded a goal and an assist in each of the last two games.
- The Huskies defeated Princeton in their only meeting last season (4-0). RPI hasn't played Northeastern since
2008, when NU was victorious in their only meeting that season (3-2).
No. 8 Boston College at Quinnipiac (Fri.), Brown at BC (Sun.)
- Boston College is 9-2-2 in their last 11 games against Quinnipiac.
- The Eagles team defense ranks second in the nation allowing only 0.75 goals per contest.
Yale at Vermont - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat.; at Gutterson Fieldhouse)
- In their only meeting last year, Yale out dueled Vermont 3-1 for the victory.
- The Catamounts have scored four of their five goals this season in the opening period.
Connecticut at No. 3 Minnesota-Duluth - Two-Game Series (Sat., Sun. at DECC)
- The game Saturday will mark the first all-time meeting between the two schools.
- Freshman Taylor Gross enters this weekend with a four game point streak (3-1-4).
- Alexandra Garcia's 38 saves last weekend brings her career save total to 991, fourth all-time in the UConn
record book, needing just nine saves to reach 1,000. Garcia would be the fourth Husky to post 1,000 saves in
her career, joining Brittany Wilson, Shannon Murphy and Kaitlyn Shain.