~No. 5 BU squares off at PC; BC plays home and home with UConn; UNH hosts Niagara~
Rachel Llanes and Northeastern host the Vermont Catamounts for two games this weekend
Vermont at Northeastern - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat., at Matthews Arena)
- The Huskies swept the season series last year, 3-0, and didn't allow a goal in all three contests.
- Vermont kicks off a six game road trip this weekend. The six games are all against Hockey East schools
(Northeastern, New Hampshire, Boston College, Boston University, and Connecticut).
- Senior forward Celeste Doucet leads Vermont in goals (3), assists (3) and points (6).
- Northeastern's Rachel Llanes is entering this weekend with a four-game goal scoring streak.
No. 5 Boston University at Providence College (Fri. at Schneider Arena)
- The Friars own a 24-5-1 record all-time against the Terriers. BU took the season series a year ago, 2-1.
- Boston University Freshman Marie-Philip Poulin tied the BU single-season record for shorthanded tallies in
the first four games of the season. The freshman forward has sixteen points through seven games, (averaging
2.29 points-per-game, fourth best nationally.
- Providence Junior defenseman Jen Friedman comes into this weekend's games averaging 1.25 ppg, currently
fourth best among the nation's defenseman.
Niagara at New Hampshire - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at the Whittemore Center)
- UNH has a 21-3-1 lifetime record, including last year's 3-3 tie and 6-1 victory (both at the Whittemore Center),
against Niagara. The Wildcats have a 16-game unbeaten streak vs. the Purple Eagles; prior to last year's tie, the
'Cats had won 14 consecutive meetings. New Hampshire has an 11-1-1 home record vs. Niagara.
- Four of New Hampshire's seven games have been decided by one goal. They have a 3-1 record in those
- New Hampshire's Kristine Horn has recorded an assist in five of seven games
No. 8 Boston College at Connecticut - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at BC)
- Connecticut leads the all-time series 13-8-6. The last time these two teams met, BC lost to UConn 3-1.
- Last weekend, Alexandra Garcia became the fourth Connecticut goalie to record 1,000 career saves, totaling
1,067. Garcia posted a career-high 41 saves in the first game against Minnesota-Duluth last Saturday, surpassing
her previous best of 35 which she set at Harvard last season.
- UConn's freshmen class leads the team with five goals and four assists.