~ UConn hosts No. 5 BU Saturday; No. 6 BC entertains Harvard Sunday ~
Jean O'Neill and Providence College hosts two league games this weekend
Maine at Vermont - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Gutterson Fieldhouse)
- The Black Bears won the season series last year, 2-1-0, but the Catamounts won the last meeting in a 1-0
shutout on Feb. 6 in Burlington.
- Maine went 2-0-1 last weekend, moving its unbeaten streak to five games (2-0-3). It is the longest unbeaten
streak for Maine since the 2006-07 season.
- Roxanne Douville's .940 save percentage ranks second among WHEA netminders this season for UVM. The
Pro Ambitions Co-Rookie of the Month recorded a 1.64 GAA and a .943 save percentage in the month.
- Maine's Brittany Dougherty continues her stellar start to the season, as she ranks tied for third in the league
in scoring with 19 points (9g,10a). She recorded nine points in 28 games her freshman year (09-10).
New Hampshire (Sat.), Connecticut (Sun.) at Providence College (Schneider Arena)
- The Friars meet both teams for the first time this season. UConn won the season series last year with PC,
1-0-2 and defeated the Friars in the Hockey East semifinals on March 6. PC swept the season series with UNH,
3-0-0 with a pair of 3-2 wins and a 4-1 victory. UNH and PC have combined to win seven of the eight WHEA Tournament
- PC's Genevieve Lacasse has registered 11 wins this season, which is most among Hockey East goaltenders.
She has recorded 40+ saves a league-high four times this season for the Friars.
- Alexandra Garcia is also a big reason why UConn has won five of its last six games. She was named WHEA
Goaltender of the Month on Tuesday for her efforts after posting a 4-1-0 record in the month with a 1.22 GAA
and a .959 save percentage.
- UNH has allowed a league-low six goals in the second period this year.
No. 5 Boston University at Connecticut (Sat. at Freitas Ice Forum)
- The Terriers come into the game leading Hockey East in team offense, scoring 3.75 goals per game. They
also own the top power play (20%) and penalty kill (94.9%) units in the league. Their PK also is first nationally.
- The game marks the first meeting since the two teams squared off in the WHEA Championship Game on
March 7. The Terriers came out victorious in overtime by a 2-1 score. UConn did win the season series last
Harvard at No. 6 Boston College (Sun. at Conte Forum)
- Kelli Stack's 28 points ranks third among Division I skaters and her 18 goals leads the country. She has
scored a point in 15 of 16 games this season and has four goals in her last two contests.
- The Eagles are 4-1-2 in non-league play this season, which includes a 3-1-2 against ECAC foes.
- BC senior Molly Schaus leads Hockey East netminders with a 1.32 GAA and a .941 save percentage.