~Providence travels to Bemidji; UVM faces Clarkson; UNH plays series at Niagara ~
Boston University hosts North Dakota for a two-game series this weekend
No.7 North Dakota at No. 3 Boston U. - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Walter Brown Arena)
- The Terriers own a 2-2-2 record in their first six season openers as a Division I program.
- BU and North Dakota split a two-game season opening series last October in Grand Forks. BU lost the opener
by a 5-4 score and came back the next night with a 6-2 victory.
The Terriers owned a 12-4-1 record in non-conference play last season.
- BU brings back four of its top six scorers from 2010-11, including Patty Kazmaier Finalists Jenn Wakefield
(Pickering, Ont.) and Marie-Philip Poulin (Beauceville, Que.), who scored 54 and 47 points, respectively, last
Rensselaer at Connecticut - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat., at Freitas Ice Forum)
- RPI hold a 4-1 lead in the all-time series, which dates back to UConn's inaugural season (00-'01).
- UConn returns six of its top seven scorers and 85.3% of its offense. Senior Alexandra Garcia (Pointe-Claire,
Que.) returns to the cage after sporting a .921 save percentage, 2.60 GAA, and finished second in the Hockey
East Player of the Year voting.
New Hampshire at Niagara - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Dwyer Arena)
- UNH has a 23-3-1 lifetime record, including last year's 1-0 overtime and 2-0 victories at the Whittemore Center,
against Niagara. The Wildcats have won three straight in the series and are unbeaten in 18 straight (17-0-1) vs.
the Purple Eagles.
- UNH has a 39-3-2 overall record in season openers with an 8-0-1 mark under head coach Brian McCloskey.
Overall, the Wildcats are 12-1-1 on the road in season openers.
- Kristina Lavoie (Fonthill, Ont.) enters the season as UNH's active career leader in both goals (27) and points
(49) while Kristine Horn (Utica, Mich.) leads all current players in assists (23).
No. 9 Providence at Bemidji State - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Sanford Center)
- Providence went 9-3-0 against non-conference opponents last year.
- Friday and Saturday will be the first-ever meetings between the two schools.
- Senior goaltender Genevieve Lacasse (Kingston, Ont.), already owns the Friars all-time mark in career saves
(2,582) and saves in a season (948).
Clarkson (Fri.), McGill (Sat.) at Vermont (at Gutterson Fieldhouse)
- Vermont is 3-1-1 in season openers under Head Coach Tim Bothwell. The Catamounts' last victory to start
a season came in 2009 when they defeated Union 2-0 at Gutterson Fieldhouse.
- The Catamounts owned a 3-3-4 in games against the ECAC last season. This year the Catamounts will face
five teams from their former conference (Clarkson, Rensselaer, Colgate, Dartmouth and St. Lawrence.).