January 10, 2013
Maine hosts Boston University for a two-game series this weekend at Alfond Arena
Providence at Rensselaer - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Houston Fieldhouse)
- The Friars will enter their final non-league game with 4-5-2 record against non-league opponents. Providence and RPI have only played once in the history of the two programs. The two last faced off at Schneider Arena on Oct. 22, 2010, where the Friars fell, 3-2, in overtime.
- Providence totaled 50 shots on goal in its last game in the 3-2 overtime victory on Jan. 5th at Yale. It was their first win in five overtime games this season.
No. 5 Boston University at Maine - Two-Game Series (Sat., Sun. at Alfond Arena)
- Junior forward Marie-Philip Poulin (Beauceville, Que.) has recorded 101 points (44g,57a) in 60 career games for the Terriers for a 1.68 per game average. This season, she leads the Terriers' roster with 29 points (9g,20a). Poulin has totaled 13 points (5g,8a) in her last seven games for BU.
- The Terriers won the first meeting of the season series by a 4-2 score on Oct. 26 at Walter Brown Arena. Sophomore Kayla Tutino (Lorraine, Que.) had a game-high two goals in the victory for BU.
- Maine's Brittany Dougherty (Chesterfield, Mich.) has registered at least one point in the last six games with nine total points (5g,4a) over the span.
Vermont at No. 3 Boston College (Sat. at Conte Forum)
- The Eagles are coming off a 6-2 road victory at No. 10 Northeastern on Wednesday night. Kate Leary (Seabrook, N.H.) scored a game-high two goals in the triumph. BC scored four unanswered goals in the final two periods of the game.
- BC swept the season series last year against the Catamounts and outscored them by a combined, 9-0, in the three-game set.
- Senior captain Erin Wente (Scottsdale, Ariz.) set the Vermont Division I record in goals on Sunday, as she scored her 26th career goal as a Catamount.
No. 4 Cornell at No. 10 Northeastern (Sat. at Matthews Arena)
- Northeastern is 6-2-1 in non-conference games this year, which includes and 5-2-0 record vs. ECAC foes.
- Northeastern and Cornell meet for the first time since Jan. 19, 2002, with the Huskies holding a 27-6-1 edge in the all-time series.
- A win on Saturday would be the program's 550th all-time victory, as well as head coach Dave Flint's 150th career win.
No. 4 Cornell at No. 3 Boston College (Sun. at Conte Forum)
- BC extends their unbeaten streak to 15-games (13-0-2) and their winning streak to 10-games, which are good for the longest streaks in team history. The unbeaten streak is the second longest in the country to only Minnesota (20-0-0).
- The Eagles own a league-best 5-1-1 record in non-league play to date this season, including a 4-0-1 mark against ECAC opponents.
- Alex Carpenter (Reading, Mass.) has a league-best 17-game point streak dating back to October 21. She
has posted five points (2g,3a) in her last two games for the Eagles.