February 8, 2013
Vermont hosts a two-game set against Maine this weekend at Gutterson Field House
Maine at Vermont - Two-Game Series (Sat., Sun. at Gutterson Fieldhouse)
- Maine took three points in the series in mid January at Alfond Arena and won the last meeting on Jan. 19. Both games went to overtime. Junior forward Missy Denk (Poplar Grove, Ill.() scored her first goal of the season 1:44 into overtime in the Black Bears' win.
- Gina Repaci (Toronto, Ont.) has five points (1g,4a) in her last three games for the Catamounts.
- Freshman forward Shawna Lesperance ((Belle River, Ont.) notched two goals for the Black Bears in the 6-3 loss to BC last Saturday night.
Connecticut at New Hampshire (Sunday at the Whittemore Center)
- The Wildcats won both previous meetings in the season series by scores of 3-1 and 2-0 in mid January.
- Senior forward Kristina Lavoie (Fonthill, Ont.) scored her 100th career point in the victory last Sunday at Vermont with a three-point effort. She has recorded 101 points (52g,49a) in 127 career games for the Wildcats.
- UNH's 83.7% penalty kill leads league play, while it's 2.80 goals allowed per game is second best in the conference.
- UNH's line of Kayla Campero (Wallingford, Conn), Rachel Farrel (Cheshire, Conn.) and Sarah MacDonnell
(Quispamsis, N.B.) accounted for six points (3g,3a) in the Huskies 4-3 overtime loss to Providence last Saturday at
Schneider Arena. All three players notched two points apiece (1g,1a).