October 10, 2013
Northeastern travels to Union and Rensselaer this weekend
Northeastern at Union (Fri.), at Rensselaer (Sat.)
- The Huskies went 10-4-1 in non-league play last season and opended last weekend with a 1-1 record vs. RIT and Syracuse.
- Chelsey Goldberg (Agoura Hills, Calif.) was named Hockey East Co-Player of the Week on Monday for her four-point weekend (2g,2a) in two games for Northeastern.
St. Lawrence at No. 2 Boston College - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Conte Forum)
- The Eagles opened their season last Sunday with a 5-1 league win vs. Maine at Conte Forum. Haley Skarupa (Rockville, Md.) notched three points (2g,1a) en route to being name Co-Player of the Week. Three Eagles' freshman also scored their first career goals, including Andie Anastos (Farmington Hills, Mich.), Kristyn Capizzano (Oakville, Ont.) and Haley McLean (Howell, Mich.).
Colgate at Connecticut - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Freitas Ice Forum)
- Elaine Chuli (Waterford, Ont.) and Sarah Moses (New Hamburg, Ont.) each recorded 45 saves in their respecitve starts vs. Minnesota-Duluth last weekend.
No. 7 Boston University at Rensselaer (Fri.), at Union (Sat.)
- The Terriers begin their 2013-14 campaign by playing six of their first seven games away from Walter Brown Arena. The Terriers are a perfect 9-0-0 against the Dutchwomen and have scored six goals in five of those wins.
- Senior Kaleigh Fratkin () leads all current Terriers with three points against Union, all of which are assists. Senior goaltender Kerrin Sperry (North Reading, Mass.) has never lost her opening game of the season (3-0-0), including two road games.
Vermont at RIT - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Ritter Arena)
- The Catamounts have killed off nine of 10 power plays by their opponents through two games this season.
- Freshman Victoria Andreakos (Aurora, Ont.) recorded three points (1g,2a) in her first collegiate game vs. Penn State last Friday.
Mercyhurst at Providence - Two-Game Series (Sat., Sun. at Schneider Arena)
- Providence holds a 22-10-4 all-time mark in home openers. Providence and Mercyhurst have competed in the Friar's home opener once prior, with Providence hosting the Lakers for a weekend home opening series during the 2011-12 season. During that weekend series, Mercyhurst defeated the Friars in both games.
Maine at New Hampshire (Sunday at the Whittemore Center)
- UNH has a 36-6-4 overall record, including a 2-0-1 mark last season, against Maine. The Black Bears swept the three-game season series in 2011-12 and won the series (2-1-0) in 2010-2011.
- UNH goalie Vilma Vaattovaara (Veikkola, Finland) stopped 24 of 26 shots (.923 save%) in UNH's
3-2 win vs. Syracuse. In two games this season, Vaattovaara is 2-0-0 with a 1.50 GAA and .956 save