October 25, 2013
Northeastern hosts Providence on Friday night at Matthews Arena
Providence vs. Northeastern - Two-Game Series (Fri. at NU; Sat. at PC on Cox Sports)
- Providence and Northeastern have met 115 times in the series with PC leading with a 59-45-11 record. The Huskies won all three meetings last year, as they outscored PC, 17-11.
- PC junior foward Haley Frade (Marion, Mass.) leads the Friars in all-time scoring against the Huskies with seven points (3g,4a) in seven career games against Northeastern.
Rensselaer at Connecticut - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Freitas Ice Forum)
- UConn has killed off 22-of-25 power plays this year, giving it an 88.0 percent mark on the penalty kill. That mark is good for 12th nationally and second in Hockey East.
No. 3 Boston College at Syracuse (Friday at Tennity Ice Pavilion)
- Sophomore Haley Skarupa (Rockville, Md.) leads the nation with 12 points and seven goals and is averaging a Division I best 2.00 points per game.
Maine at No. 9 Mercyhurst - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Mercyhurst Ice Center)
- Junior Meghann Treacy's (Lake Peekskill, N.Y.) 133 saves is the second most among league goaltenders. She has amassed 30+ saves in three of her four starts for the Black Bears.
Vermont at Robert Morris - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at 84 Lumber Arena)
- Dayna Colang (Fairbanks, Alaska) led the team with two goals last weekend in the Catamounts 3-1 win over Rensselaer. She has six points (3g,3a) in Vermont's last two games. She is the leading scorer amongst defenseman in Hockey East and is tied for third in the nation in defensive scoring.
Yale at Boston University (Saturday at Walter Brown Arena)
- Boston University ranks first in the league with a 88.9% (16 for 18) penalty kill on the season.
- Senior goalie Kerrin Sperry (North Reading, Mass.) has recorded at least 27 saves in all three starts this season. Her .941 save percentage and 1.92 GAA ranks second among conference goaltenders.
New Hampshire at Penn State - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Pegula Ice Arena)
- Sophomore Vilma Vaattovaara (Veikkola, Finland) leads all Hockey East netminders with a 1.47 GAA and a .952 save percentage, which both rank seventh nationally.
- Head coach Brian McCloskey enters the weekend with 249 victories. Now in his 12th season at
the UNH helm, McCloskey has compiled an overall record of 249-106-39 that includes 152-52-22 in