November 22, 2013
Vermont hosts Northeastern at Gutterson Field House this weekend
Northeastern at Vermont - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Gutterson Fieldhouse)
- Vermont enters this weekend's play on a three-game (2-0-1) unbeaten streak, tied for the seventh longest active streak in the country.
- In 14 total games in Burlington, Northeastern has gone 12-1-2, including a perfect 8-0 in their last eight contests in the venue. The Huskies have not lost at Vermont since Feb. 22, 2008 (4-1).
- Junior forward Amanda Pelkey (Montpelier, Vt.) has recorded six points (3g,3a) in the last three games for the Catamounts.
- NU goalie Chloe Desjardins (Saint-Prosper, Beauce, Que.) has amassed 30+ saves in five of her 13 starts this season and has allowed one goal or less in five starts.
No. 9 Boston University at No. 5 Harvard (Fri.), at New Hampshire (Sat.)
- The Terriers boast one of the most balanced attacks in all of college hockey. Five skaters have at least 10 points. BU joins Clarkson as the only other school to have every skater who has dressed register at least one point.
- BU is 3-1-0 in its last four games against Harvard, though the Crimson won the last meeting, 3-0, in last season's Beanpot consolation game.
- New Hampshire owns a 20-11-3 lifetime record against Boston U. and that includes a 3-1 home loss to the Terriers earlier this month (Nov. 1). Last year, the home team won all three games with the Wildcats winning 4-2 (Nov. 9) and BU defending home ice with 3-2 and 6-0 victories. The home team has won six of the last eight meetings.
- New Hampshire enters the weekend ranked No. 7 in the nation in power play at .203 (13-for-64); last weekend, the 'Cats were scoreless in six power-play opportunities.
Connecticut vs. No. 7 Boston College (Sat. at BC; Sun. at UConn)
- UConn's penalty kill has been successful 47-of-51 times this season (92.2%), which is secondbest in Division I and tops in Hockey East.
- BC sophomore Haley Skarupa (Rockville, Md.) has 13 goals and 10 assists in 13 games this season, and her 23 points are currently the most by any skater in Division I. Her 1.77 points per game ranks fifth nationally and first in Hockey East.
Maine at Providence - Two-Game Series (Sat., Sun. at Schneider Arena)
- The Friars and Black Bears have face a total of 48 times in the all-time series. PC leads the series 36-3-9. The Friars are unbeaten at Schneider Arena vs. the Black Bears with a 21-0-3 record. The Friars swept the Black Bears last year, winning three contests by a combined score of 18-6. Molly Illikainen (Grand Rapids, Minn.) led PC with three goals and four assists in those games, while Haley Frade (Marion, Mass.) recorded two points in each of the three games.
- The Black Bears have allowed only six goals (of 30 totals goal allowed) in the opening period so
far in 12 games this season.