November 8, 2013
Vermont hosts Boston College and New Hampshire this weekend
Boston College (Fri.), New Hampshire (Sun.) at Vermont (at Gutterson Fieldhouse)
- Friday night Vermont will try to break the Hockey East regular season attendance record (1,498) as they attempt to sellout Gutterson Fieldhouse for the first time in program history.
- Junior forward Amanda Pelkey leads the team in scoring with six goals and six assists for 12 points in nine games. Her six goals places her tied for ninth in the NCAA.
- The Eagles are 8-0-2 in their last ten games against Vermont. Vermont has flipped what was once a once-sided affair between the Wildcats and Catamounts.
- UNH won the first 21 meetings between the teams, but Vermont is 6-6-0 in the 12 meetings since 2010.
Maine at Boston University - Two-Game Series (Sat., Sun. at Walter Brown Arena)
- BU leads the league in scoring offense (4.50) and team defense (1.25).
- The Terriers hold a 16-6-2 all-time record against the Black Bears, including a three-game sweep last season. BU has won eight of the last 11 tilts against Maine and is 7-3-0 all-time against the Black Bears at Walter Brown Arena.
Providence at Connecticut (Sunday at Freitas Ice Forum)
- The Friars power play ranks first in league play at 19.4% (6-for-31), while UConn leads the league with a perfect 12-for-12 on the penalty kill.
- Providence won all three meetings last year by a combined score of 14 to 6 with the last meeting a 4-3 overtime victory for the Friars.
Northeastern at Boston College (Sunday at Conte Forum)
- Northeastern has won the last two meetings which inlcuded the Hockey East Tournament semifinal and the Beanpot final last season.
- NU's Katie MacSorley (Stratford, Ont.) and BC's Haley Skarupa (Rockville, Md.) both have recorded
a league best five goals in conference play so far this season.