January 23, 2014
Boston College battles New Hampshire in a home-and-home series this weekend
Maine at Northeastern – Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Matthews Arena)
- Friday's matchup will be the next stop for Hockey East Skating Strides, which aims to raise money and awareness for various breast cancer-related charities.
- NU senior forward Katie MacSorley (Stratford, Ont.) has scored ten of her eleven goals this season in conference play, including three game-winners.
- The Black Bears are 3-2-2 in their last seven games, getting six points apiece during that stretch from Audra Richards (Maplewood, Minn.), Brianne Kilgour (Hamilton, Ont.) and Karissa Kirkup (Virden, Man.).
Boston University at Vermont – Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Gutterson Field House)
- UVM hosts their Skating Strides game on Saturday night.
- Terrier forward Sarah Lefort (Ormstown, Que.) has recorded a point in all 12 league games BU has played, with 11 goals and 11 assists for 22 points (leads Hockey East).
- Vermont and BU are the only teams in Hockey East that have gotten at least one point from every skater that has played this season.
New Hampshire vs. Boston College – Two-Game Series (Sat. at Conte Forum, Sun. at Whittemore Center)
- UNH remains the only Hockey East team to have defeated BC this season, topping the Eagles 3-1 back on Oct. 16 at Conte Forum. Nicole Gifford (Ennismore, Ont.) had a goal and an assist for the Wildcats, while Sara Carlson (Hutchinson, Minn.) notched two assists.
- Since that loss to New Hampshire, Boston College has gone 10-0-1 in conference play, outscoring their opponents 46-19.
Providence vs. Connecticut – Two-Game Series (Sat. at Freitas Ice Forum, Sun. at Schneider Arena)
- UConn beat PC 5-4 back on Nov. 10, getting a goal and two assists from Rebecca Fleming (Newton, Mass.), as well as a goal and an assist each from Rachel Farrel (Cheshire, Conn.) and Sarah MacDonnell (Quispamsis, N.B.).
- PC freshman Cassidy Carels (Bruxelles, Man.) has thirteen goals this season, the most by any rookie in Division I.