|1st||16:08||BC||1-0||PP GW||Makenna Newkirk (6)||Andie Anastos/5, Toni Ann Miano/5|
|2nd||5:22||BC||2-0||EV||Haley Skarupa (5)||Dana Trivigno/3, Toni Ann Miano/6|
|2nd||16:18||BC||3-0||EV||Kristyn Capizzano (3)||Andie Anastos/6, Haley Skarupa/12|
|3rd||13:02||BC||4-0||EV||Lexi Bender (2)||Tori Sullivan/4, Meghan Grieves/5|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Boston College (9-0-0)||1/4||2/4||0|
|Elaine Chuli (L, 1-2-1)||60:00||4||15||19||25||59|
|Boston College Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Katie Burt (W, 8-0-0)||59:44||0||5||5||5||15|
CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. - No. 2 Boston College posted its fourth shutout in five games with a 4-0 win over Connecticut this afternoon at Kelley Rink. Haley Skarupa scored one goal and added one assist, while Andie Anastos and Toni Ann Miano each picked up two assists. Katie Burt recorded her fourth shutout of the season with a 15-save effort as BC out-shot the Huskies 63-15.
Boston College (9-0-0, 3-0-0 HEA) won its 11th straight home game against UConn (3-2-2, 0-2-0 HEA).
#2 Boston College 4, Connecticut 0
Kelley Rink, Chestnut Hill, Mass.
Friday, October 30, 2015
- The Boston College defense posted its fourth shutout in five games as Katie Burt made 15 saves in the win
- The BC power play was successful for the fourth straight game, while the penalty kill was 2-for-2 and extended its perfect run to start the season to 32-for-32
- Haley Skarupa recorded her seventh multiple-point game of the season and pushed her point total to 17 points
- Andie Anastos collected her second straight multiple-point game and her third of the season as her second assist lifted her career point total to 75 points
- Toni Ann Miano also picked her second straight two-assist effort
- Makenna Newkirk scored her fourth goal in three games, a power-play tally
Head coach Katie Crowley
"We know that (Elaine Chuli) is a very good goaltender, so you know you're going to have to put a lot of shots on her and get to rebounds and fight to get through their defense. They box it up there and try to keep you away from the middle, and that's where we like to score from. I thought our kids did a good job - without getting frustrated - getting into those spots and finding ways to put pucks home. And it was good that Makenna (Newkirk) could put home a power-play goal for us to start everything off."
"(UConn) is going to try to keep you away and you have to attack with grit and you have to attack their system ... I thought it was great that (Kristyn Capizzano) and Lexi (Bender) went to the net and put those home. I thought we had a few opportunities through the game where we could've done that even more where (the pucks) were hanging there, but we couldn't get to them. But it's something our players are focused on."
"Tomorrow will be a little bit smaller ice sheet. They're a physical team and they play hard, so we'll probably get that same thing from them tomorrow."
HOW IT HAPPENED
1st, 16:08 // 1-0 BC GOAL (PPG): On the power play, the Eagles cycled the puck around where it found Toni Ann Miano at the left point. She fed Andie Anastos in front of the net who pushed the puck up to Makenna Newkirk. She has space just off the goal line, and roofed her shot over Huskies goaltender Elaine Chuli.
2nd, 5:22 // 2-0 BC GOAL: UConn cleared the puck but it found Toni Ann Miano at the edge of the Eagles' defensive zone. She played Dana Trivigno in the neutral zone, who laid it off for Haley Skarupa coming down the right wing. Skarupa skated into the zone along the far boards, split two defenders and cut inside to beat Chuli on the near post.
2nd, 16:18 // 3-0 BC GOAL: In the middle of a line change, Haley Skarupa led Andie Anastos toward goal with a pass deep into the zone. Anastos got off two shots from the edge of the crease - Chuli saved the first - and the second sat on the goal line before Kristyn Capizzano streaked in to poke it home.
3rd, 13:02 // 4-0 BC GOAL: Tori Sullivan rushed down right wing with the puck and fed Andie Anastos on the doorstep. She saw two shots saved at the edge of the crease, but Chuli wasn't able to control the second rebound. With a scramble in front of the next, Sullivan and Meghan Grieves poked the puck through to Lexi Bender, who had crashed the net and pushed the loose puck past Chuli for the Eagles' fourth goal. After a video review of the play, the goal stood.
- Katie Burt made 15 saves to record her fourth shutout of the season ... it was also her 14th career shutout in just 43 games and moved her into sole possession of second place on the BC career shutout chart ... Molly Schaus '11 holds the career record with 21 ... Burt has allowed just one goal in the last 304:40 of play
- Haley Skarupa picked up her seventh multiple-point game this season with her one goal, two assist effort today ...she now has 182 career points and is 16 points back of third place on the BC career scoring chart (Erin Magee '99, 198 points)
- Haley Skarupa's two points pushed her season total to 17 (5g, 12a) ... she has now picked up at least one point in the last seven games, registering 15 points in that run
- Haley Skarupa's two assists pushed her season total to a team-best 11... she now has 96 career assists, third in BC history
- With her two assists tonight, Andie Anastos pushed her career scoring total to 75 points ... she is the 22nd player in BC history to reach the 75-point mark
- Makenna Newkirk scored a goal for the third consecutive game ... she now has four goals in the last three games to bring her season total to six
- BC now has four players with double-digit scoring totals this season: Alex Carpenter (22), Haley Skarupa(17), Makenna Newkirk (12) and Andie Anastos (10)
- Lexi Bender recorded her second goal of the season and the 16th of her career
- Toni Ann Miano collected a pair of assists, her sixth and seventh of the season ... in the last four games, she has registered five assists ... today was her second multiple-assist game of the season and the fourth of her career
- Dana Trivigno's assist on Haley Skarupa's goal was her 54th career assist and her 96th career point ... she is four points shy of becoming the 12th player in BC history to reach 100 career points
- Meghan Grieves recorded her fifth assist of the season tonight, giving her 9 points on the season... her five assists are her highest single-season total since her freshman year in 2012-13 when she recorded five assists in 37 games
- Boston College is now 7-0-0 at home and has out-scored its opponents 36-10 in those seven games
- The win extended the Eagles' program-best start to 9-0-0 ... this is the deepest in a season BC has remained perfect in program history
- BC went 1-for-4 on the power play, marking the seventh game in nine this season they've scored with the man advantage
- The Eagles were 2-for-2 in killing penalties, maintaining their perfect mark on the penalty kill this year ... BC is now 32-for-32 on the penalty kill in 2015-16 ... BC entered the day as one of two teams nationally (Princeton, 10-for-10) perfect on the penalty kill
- BC's first-period goal at 16:08 was the latest this season the Eagles have scored their first goal of the game
Connecticut: 3-2-2, 0-2-0 HEA
Boston College: 9-0-0, 3-0-0 HEA
Boston College and Connecticut meet again tomorrow, Saturday, Oct. 31, in a 2 p.m. game at Freitas Ice Forum in Storrs, Conn.