|1st||5:00||BC||1-0||EV GW||Haley Skarupa (2)||Kristyn Capizzano/3, Megan Keller/3|
|1st||5:49||BC||2-0||EV||Meghan Grieves (2)||Kali Flanagan/4, Andie Anastos/3|
|2nd||12:04||BC||3-0||EV||Haley Skarupa (3)||Dana Trivigno/1, Kristyn Capizzano/4|
|2nd||15:46||BC||4-0||EV||Alex Carpenter (9)||Makenna Newkirk/5, Lexi Bender/4|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Boston College (5-0-0)||0/2||3/6||0|
|Meghann Treacy (L, 1-4-0)||59:54||4||22||18||8||48|
|Boston College Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Katie Burt (W, 4-0-0)||60:00||0||6||1||10||17|
CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. - Haley Skarupa scored two goals and the defense posted its first shutout of the season as the No. 2 Boston College women's hockey team earned a 4-0 win over Maine on Saturday afternoon. In the Eagles' Hockey East opener, seniors picked up all four goals as Meghan Grieves scored her second of the season and Alex Carpenter nabbed her 99th career goal to help in the win. Katie Burt made 17 saves - including 10 in the third period - to backstop the Eagles to the clean sheet.
#2 Boston College 4, Maine 0
Kelley Rink, Chestnut Hill, Mass.
Saturday, October 17, 2015
- Haley Skarupa recorded her 20th career multiple-goal game - and her 16th career two-goal contest - with her pair of breakaway goals
- Kristyn Capizzano picked up a pair of assists, her seventh multiple-assist effort in her three-year career
- 10 different Eagles recorded points in the game
- Katie Burt made 17 saves en route to her 11th career shutout, which was also the Eagles' first shutout of the season
- The win extended BC's undefeated streak in Hockey East regular-season play to 26 games, dating back to Feb. 11, 2014
Head coach Katie Crowley
"I thought it was a really good possession game for us. We held on to pucks, moved pucks really well and made Maine work hard in their defensive zone ... Whenever you can put that many (shots) up, it's always a good thing. We knew (Meghann Treacy) is a very good goaltender. She's a big kid and takes up a lot of room and we'd have to take shots and get to rebounds and really fight through them boxing out in front of her. I thought our kids did a nice job with that we were able to find a way to put it by her."
"I thought (the second line) played tremenously today. They moved pucks well. They had so many chances to score and even put in more than that. I like that they're getting those chances. That's always a good thing ... Today, they really did a good job, moving pucks, finding the open person, talking to each other out there. I thought they were really good."
HOW IT HAPPENED
1-0 BC // 1st - 5:00: Haley Skarupa got the Eagles on the board first when she curled around a defenseman and beat Meghann Treacy. Megan Keller started the play when she scooted the puck ahead to Kristyn Capizzano, who then raced down the boards in front of the BC bench and fed Skarupa ahead of her.
2-0 BC // 1st - 5:49: Meghan Grieves re-directed Kali Flanagan's shot from the right point and beat Meghann Treacy. Anastos started the scoring play, finding Flanagan cross-ice from the edge of the far face-off circle.
3-0 BC // 2nd - 12:04: After digging the puck out in front of the Maine bench, Dana Trivigno sprung Haley Skarupa in for a one-on-one with Meghann Treacy. Skarupa roofed her shot once Treacy went down. Kristyn Capizzano also drew an assist on the play
4-0 BC // 2nd - 15:46: Alex Carpenter re-directed Makenna Newkirk tip-in bid after Lexi Bender sent a shot in from the center of the blue line.
- Haley Skarupa picked up two goals, her second and third goals of the season, in the win ... she now has 83 career goals and ranks fifth in BC history
- Skarupa's two goals pushed her career scoring total to 173 points (83g, 90a) ... she currently sits in fourth place on the BC career scoring chart, 25 points back of third-place Erin Magee '99 (198 points)
- Katie Burt posted her 11th career shutout today and the first of the 2015-16 season ... she is currently in third place on the BC career shutouts list, two back of second-place Corinne Boyles '14 (13)
- Meghan Grieves scored her second goal in as many games ... she now has a five-game point streak to start the season, picking up five points (2g, 3a) in the first five games
- Alex Carpenter has scored at least one goal in each game this season ... she has 14 points on the year from nine goals and five assists
- Carpenter now sits at 204 career points, second in the BC record books. She is five points back of matching Kelli Stack's '11 career scoring record (209)
- Today's goal pushed Carpenter to 99 career goals and sole possession of second place on the BC career goal chart ... she is 17 goals back of career leader Erin Magee '99, who had 116 goals in her career
- Kristyn Capizzano recorded two assists today, her first two-assist effort of the season ... it was her seventh multi-assist game of her BC career ... she now has four points - all assists - this season
- Megan Keller extended her point streak to five games with her first-period assist on Haley Skarupa's first goal ... the defenseman now has seven points (4g, 3a) this season
- Kali Flanagan recorded an assist in her third-straight game, and now has four assists on the year - all coming in the last three games ... the defenseman had six assists in 39 games as a freshman last year
- With her assist on Haley Skarupa's second goal, Dana Trivigno picked up her first assist of the season ... it was her first point since scoring the Eagles' first goal of the season on Oct. 2
- Andie Anastos extended her point streak to three games with her assist on Meghan Grieves' goal ... she now has five points on the year (two goals, three assists)
- Lexi Bender has recorded one assist in each of the last four games ... she now has 66 career points, the fifth-highest total by a BC defenseman ... she is one point behind fifth-place Maggie Taverna '09 who had 67 career points as a defenseman ... with her assist today, Bender claimed sole possession of fifth place on the defenseman assists list, passing Taverna with her 53rd career assist
- Makenna Newkirk pushed her point streak to five games - at least one point in every game - with her assist on Alex Carpenter's goal ... the freshman now has 2 goals and 5 assists for 7 points
- Kenzie Kent saw her four-game point streak snapped when ...she came into the game with five assists in the first four games with at least one point in each contest
- BC went 0-for-2 on the power play, marking just the second time this season they were held with a goal with the man advantage
- The Eagles were 3-for-3 in killing penalties, maintaining a perfect mark on the penalty kill this year ... BC is now 15-for-15 with a skater in the box
- With tallies from Haley Skarupa and Meghan Grieves, BC scored multiple goals in the first period for the fourth time in five games this year
- The Eagles were held scoreless in the third period, marking just the second time this season BC was unable to score during a period ... the Eagles have now scored in 13 of 15 periods this season
- Boston College has gone undefeated in 26 straight Hockey East regular-season games ... the last time BC lost a regular-season conference game was Feb. 8, 2014 - a 2-0 setback at Connecticut
- The Eagles' 52 shots were the team's most so far this season and the most since posting 54 shots against Connecticut in the semifinals of the 2015 Hockey East Tournament.
- BC's home unbeaten run is now 38 games, including 32 straight wins, dating back to Oct. Oct. 19, 2013 ... the last time the Eagles lost at Kelley Rink was Oct. 16, 2013, a 3-1 loss to New Hampshire
1. Haley Skarupa - BC
2. Meghann Treacy - Maine
3. Kristyn Capizzano - BC
Maine: 1-4-0, 1-2-0 HEA
Boston College: 5-0-0, 1-0-0 HEA
Boston College returns to the ice tomorrow, Sunday, Oct. 18, when the team hosts New Hampshire at 2 p.m. at Kelley Rink. Immediately after the game BC will host Skate with the Eagles, an opportunity for fans to skate with and meet the 2015-16 BC squad.